“A "Must stay" in Music City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #33 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, IL
“A "Must stay" in Music City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This Courtyard has a little more character than usual since it`s in a former bank building and the lobby has the high vaulted ceilings and plenty of space. It`s true what they say about "location, location, location" and this is a perfect base for all the local attractions. Whether it be 2nd Ave and Broadway for all the music bars or walk across the river to LP Field or seeing the Capitol and Courthouse buildings you only have a 5-10min walk either way. Rooms were large and comfortable, service in the lobby was quick and cheerful and the boys at the front door did a great job with luggage and car valet. My visit to Nashville was so good that I`m now thinking about when I can go back !!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Tuesday and we were immediately given our room. Very nice size for 3 of us and a complimentary roll away bed We loved the hotel, staff and location up until Friday morning when an issue with booking came up. When we initially checked in the older gentleman at the desk said "for 3 nights?" which I said no, til Monday. I thought he was confused because there was 3 of us and said nothing more about it. Come Friday morning I went to tell the maid she did not have to clean our room, I just brought her the garbage and asked for coffee. She seemed confused that we did not want service in our room but I thought it was just a language barrier. Not long after a gentleman knocked at our door to "confirm we were leaving" that day. I told him no, we were booked through our tour company until Monday (CMA Fest package). I found my receipt and went down to the lobby to find out what was going on. The operations manager Beverly told me we were only booked 3 days, I showed her my reciept and told her we were booked 6 days which she confirmed by my reciept. She then stated that we were only booked in 3 nights as if the tour company was at fault. Have used the tour company prior with no issue and the fact they only offer 5 or 6 night packages, i assumed it was a entry error. We always get 6 nights so we do not have to drive back to Canada after the concert Saturday night. I was told they would have booked it thru "central booking and not the hotel itself". We had already stayed 3 nights in another hotel prior to coming here so I told her I would not change rooms due to the fact we were all settled in 3 days already and unpacked. She told me the problem was there was no other rooms. I heard her repeat that I said I would not move to someone on the phone. Her apology was absolutely fake and she would not even look me in the eyes while she apologized. I had my son and his friend with me, both adults, who were not at all impressed (2 of us work in customer service and would never treat a customer like that). Making an effort to look at me and apologize would have made a huge difference in this whole mix up. Once we got that settled and went back to our vacation, we never heard any more about it at all so I assume they figured out where the fault lay in the booking. After the concert that night we got back to find our key cards had been deactivated, sending us once again back to the desk not sure if we still had a room or what was going on. Accidents happen, but this was handled very poorly. All of the other staff were magnificent and our room and location was great. I only gave a 3 star due to the issue and how it was handled.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Greetings from Music city following the most attended CMA musicfest ever. We apologize for any concern and confusion during this stay. We were pleased to hear that aside from this issue, the service and room met your expectations.

This was our only confusing registration the entire week and we apologize if we appeared a little challenged when handling this. I will admit it was a challenge because we had only 6 rooms departing and arriving that day with each asigned to a particular room type. We were able to strategize and resolve it without any change to you.

Thank you again for the feedback and reinforcing that our location , staff, and rooms served you very well and met your expectations.
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

As most reviewers have mentioned, one of the best features of the hotel is the location. You can easily walk to many of the attractions the city has to offer. The streets are not flat however so be prepared for some minor exertion. The hotel rates were comparable to other nearby accommodations, some of which are worth a look as well. This building once served as a bank and some of the mounted photographs help illustrate it's former life. We had a room that faced Printers Alley where the music plays until the wee hours, so you might consider a quieter side. Our room was a nice size but the bathroom seemed like an after thought, very small and cramped. The room rates do not include breakfast or parking, both of which can add up. The bistro downstairs may be fine for coffee but breakfast is not very exciting for the price. Overall, we had a comfortable stay but will probably try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: I suggest asking for a room on a high floor facing the Riverfront Park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our location, service and historic charm are all memorable attributes that create a terrific Nashville Experience.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for its location. It is located right in the middle of downtown walking distance for EVERYTHING!! We were in town for a wedding so we wanted to be close to their venue. Our room was beautiful, clean and very comfy! The lobby had a good selection for breakfast but it was downtown priced. Parking through the hotel is $25 a day but if you drive a couple blocks away there are a few parking towers that are cheaper. Overall, it was perfect for us because of its location and comfy rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Martins Ferry, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The rooms were large and comfortable, with great views. The staff was very helpful. This hotel was so close to the downtown bars and restaurants, we literally just walked right down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate ou highlighting one of our most unique features. This Courtyard experience is very special for a visitor.
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located two blocks from Broadway and the Ryman an done half block from Printers Alley.
Parking across the street. You can park for $12 a day and be near all of the action without a need to drive after having a few drinks downtown. The entertainment is great at most any bar!

Room Tip: You can valet for $24 per day or park yourself across the street for half of that amount.
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have always enjoyed Marriotts that I have stayed but this one does not live up to standards. We were put on the 4th floor right next to the ice machine but didn't matter because the ice machine did not work. The shower was pitiful with only two little streams of water, After the room was cleaned, we found a soiled wash cloth in the floor and dirty cups in the trash can. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everyone in the hall at all times of the day and night. Do not get drinks in the bar of the hotel, we had two well bourbans and diet cokes and the bill was $19.00. We asked if there was an error and they said no, the call and well are the same price which was $7.50 plus $2.00 tax on each. We could have bought a whole bottle of Jack for that price. The only good thing about the hotel was that it was close to Printer's Alley and 2nd avenue. I would never stay there again especially since the two nights cost about $440.00 after taxes.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel maybe nearer 2nd avenue or Broadway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Miss Carter,

I am so sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. I know there were a number of issues that are not characteristic of our typical hotel and a experience. My leaders , my associates and I am always committed to address any issues before a guest departs and make an effort to resolve those issues. Our goal is that every guest leaves satisfied with their stay. I am sorry we did not have an opportunity to resolve the make a gesture of apology to you before your departure.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!