“Great city views - awesome updated historical building!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great city views - awesome updated historical building!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great city views, the best location, and awesome historical building (updated of course). Super service, love Marriott and this one is now included! $22 valet parking is worth it compared to the parking rates in town, so don't be afraid to use it....and you're well within walking distance of all of the attractions (Broadway & 2nd Street street and saloon live performances, Ryman Auditorium, Riverwalk, Hall of Fame, Hard Rock, all right there!), yet the room is super quiet and cozy.

Room Tip: Go high - we stayed on 11th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience.
This is a special building and a terrific location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Stay here often and the staff is the best! they are willing to help with all of travel questions. Location is excellent and the rooms are clean.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Melb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Everything was great about this motel. It was well located. Staff excellent. Rooms good. Breakfast is massive. Would definitely stay again. Really close to Ryman Auditorium

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this Courtyard for the Rock and Roll marathon. The rate was a special rate for the race so it was definitely good. The hotel even gave all the runners a little goody bag with a drink, granola bar, etc. That was nice. The location was great for the race. And there were several restaurants within walking distance.
The room was fine. Typical room, nothing special but clean and comfortable.
They have valet parking for $16 a day. I didn't eat at the restaurant. The hot tub was closed for renovations. I did use the free shuttle to get to the expo center. I called the hotel to have the shuttle pick me up after the expo but after 30 minutes I have up and got a taxi. Not sure what happened there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Lincolnshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel is in a very good location, just a few minutes walk from The Ryman Auditorium, Broadway and The Country Music Hall of Fame. They only have valet parking which can be a little frustrating when they are busy as there can be a wait and the space to park outside the hotel is limited, generally we prefer to park our own car so we are a little biased. At $22 a night it seems expensive however Nashville is extremely expensive to park so that is actually quite good!
The hotel itself is nice, we had a double bed each so there was plenty of room and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were nice and quiet and we had no trouble sleeping.
Breakfast was included in our price and was nice with a good choice, including omlettes cooked to order and a waffle maker. There was free tea and coffee available 24 hours a day in the lobby which was a great bonus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed here alone from Sunday-Tuesday in early May 2012 and would definitely return!

Check-in was a breeze. It took about 2 minutes, and I was given access to my room at 11am, even though check-in wasn't until 3pm (note: it was low season).

My king room was perfect. It had a mini fridge to store water, a desk to set my laptop, and plenty of space to get ready, as there was a large space by the bathroom/mirrors. The room had four floor to ceiling windows, so there was plenty of light, but the curtains were dark enough to let me sleep late! The room was updated, as was the lobby of the hotel, which had plenty of seating areas. I briefly went to the basement to see the ballroom, which also appeared to be a nice area.

The staff was very friendly and always greeted me when I returned to the hotel. They also stored my luggage on the day I checked out, since I had a later flight.

The hotel offered a free continential breakfast because it was low season. I wasn't expecting this, which is probably a good thing, because it wasn't really that great. Mostly breads, donuts, cereals, and juices. Supposedly there was fresh fruit, but it was gone when I was there and there was no one nearby refilling.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It was only a few blocks (approx. 5 minute walk) to 4th/Broadway, plus there are plenty of other nearby restaurants, shops, museums, etc. As seen in other reviews, it is at the top of a hill, so be prepared for that.

I would definitely recommend and will return myself!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located and quiet. The valet staff was fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Everyone else was okay but I didn't get the usual big smiles and greetings that I've encountered at other Marriotts. I didn't eat at the buffet but my husband said it was average. The double beds are way too small for two people - they need to upgrade to queens.

Unfortunately my main beef is with the housekeeping staff. One morning we removed the Do Not Disturb sign at 10:30 A.M. and left the room. The room was never cleaned. When I complained to the front desk I was told that the housekeepers "usually double back, but finish up and leave by 12 noon." So, a full sheet of sheets and towels was sent to the room (by a silent and unsmiling staff member) and I was then left to remove the sheets, make the bed, and pack up and leave the used sheets and towels in the hall.
In all of my years of traveling this is the first time I have made a hotel bed. During our remaining days there I felt pressured to leave the room early to be sure it would be cleaned.

So, my best memory of this hotel would be the valet staff. I'd go elswhere next time.

Room Tip: Leave the room early if you want to be sure it will be cleaned.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
rimgr, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear HB 158

Thank you for your feedback. This is very helpful in researching further and offering more training as required to our team. We always want our guests to feel that every service offered here was provided. I noticed the comments about our breakfast and am happy to share that we will be renovating and adding a Courtyard bistro to our hotel in JUne and will be opened in August.

I appreciate your kind comments about our valet staff and I invite you to contact me if I can apologize further.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!