We arrived at approximately 9PM on a Thursday night, having driven down in a blinding rain from Louisville. We were in town to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. Janelle was the first person we encountered at the front desk and what an asset she is to this property!! Very professional while being compassionate at the same time. I was weary from the stressful drive down and sort of half hearted asked if we could have an upgrade since was our anniversary. Janelle immediately granted my request and we were given a Jacuzzi suite on the 11th floor.
Upon settling into the room we decided to try out the tub since we were chilled from the cold rain. We noticed that the jets didn't work but given the circumstance figured it was ok, we'd just report it in the morning when we left to go site see. Regardless, the warm soaking water felt great!!
The next morning we reported the non-working jets and left to go site see. Of note, there is a Dunn Bros coffee (separate review) right across the street from the hotel. We visited there each morning for wonderful lattes, danish and oatmeal. Well caffeinated, we headed out to site see. We walked all over downtown, and while hilly, Nashville has an awesome pedestrian downtown. We strolled 2nd street (2 blocks from the hotel) and Printer's Alley (separate review--less than one block from the hotel). We decided that, later that night we would visit a bar in Printer's Alley to see Bekka Bramlett play, and then go to BB King's (separate review) on Saturday night.
Upon returning to the hotel for some RnR before our anniversary dinner at the Capitol Grille we again noted that the jets had not been fixed in the tub. A call to the front desk brought maintenance right away who replaced the pump for the jets and it worked fine after that.
The room, standard for courtyard, was very comfortable in size and the be slept very well. Couple of pieces of information about this location. It is close enough to Printer's Alley that you will hear the music late at night (like until 3-4AM). We were always so exhausted by the time we returned to the room, we would immediately crash and I would only hear the music for a short while until I feel asleep. If you are not a late night person and sleep lightly, this is probably not the location for you. In addition, even on the 11th floor, we could hear the street noise below. This location would probably do well with a good sound proofing, but since it is an historical building, I'm not sure that is even possible. Regardless, if you literally want to be in the middle (and I mean middle) of everything, this is the location for you. Note, the hotel does sit on a hill and if you are not in relatively good shape, walking back from 2nd Street may take a couple of tries. If you've been drinking, it make take about a dozen, lol.
The staff is what makes this hotel, without a doubt. Everyone we encountered, from the doorman to the valet to the front desk people were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. I cannot commend them enough!!
Being we are so close to Nashville, we frequent the city quite often for fun RnR weekend getaways. We have officially discovered our hotel of choice for our visits and have no intention if staying anywhere else :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique among hotels in downtown Nashville, TN, the Courtyard Nashville Downtown is a stunning, century-old high-rise set in the heart of the city. Our hotel features a new state-of-the-art lobby with flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi As a top choice among Nashville hotels, the Courtyard Nashville Downtown is walking distance from all entertainment, major businesses, music and sports venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Nashville Downtown Hotel Nashville
- Courtyard Nashville Downtown
- Nashville Marriott
- Nashville Courtyard