“Nice Hotel in the Middle of Everything!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2345 Atrium Way, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #72 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Kingsport, TN
“Nice Hotel in the Middle of Everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

I was a little afraid of this hotel when I saw the reviews, but after I checked in, my fears were alleviated immediately. The rooms were very clean, the amenities are excellent for the price that I paid, and the staff was very helpful. The rooms are your basic La Quinta fare, with the exception that each of them (above the 1st floor) have private balconies, and the beds are pillowtops! The breakfast was very good, the cook your own waffles were a nice touch. The only complaint I had was that they preauthorized my credit card numerous times, but that was taken care of within days of checkout. All in all: a very nice hotel near everything, the hotel is near the airport, but is not in the path of arriving airplanes like so many others.

• Liked — Value for Price Paid
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2006

We stayed at the LaQuinta on Atrium Way for one night on Memorial Day weekend. The hotel itself was fairly basic, but the staff was very helpful and (using a coupon), the price was excellent!

As a Returns member, check-in and check-out were a snap. Our 5th floor room with two full-size beds was a bit on the small size, but had a balcony. The room was clean, had all the basic amenities, including name-brand coffee for the coffee maker rather than the usual generic stuff, and free wireless internet which was surprisingly fast. Everything in the room worked, and the air conditioner kept the room nice and cool on an unusually hot May afternoon. Unfortunately, hot water seemed to be in high demand so sometimes the shower was merely warm. Breakfast was good and included a waffle maker, but was very very crowded despite the large breakfast area.

The staff here was very helpful. They gave me a toothbrush to replace the one I had left at home, showed us how to reset the air conditioner (which seemed to turn itself off periodically requiring you to flip a switch on the wall to restore power...perhaps a power saving feature??), and even took a movie off our bill when my roomate accidentally hit the "order" button. Never got a chance to use the business center or pool, but they seemed decent enough.

My only gripes about the place were the size of the room (a family of four would trip over each other), the hot water, and location. The hotel is convenient to most of Nashville, but within walking distance to nothing except other hotels.

• Stayed May 2006
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

My husband and I were awarded two free nights at a La Quinta hotel. We were going to a convention in Nashville and decided this would be a great way to save money. We made our reservations and asked for an additional night for a total of a three night stay. When we arrived, the person at the front desk gave us our room keys and said that she had us down for three nights. She did not ask us for a credit card at the time. My husband and I both thought that was strange but maybe La Quinta was more trusting than other hotels. Our room was not fancy and there was mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom. This was not too bad though and we were still glad for the free two nights. On the third day of our stay, my husband dropped me off at the hotel with my 3-year-old and my 1-year-old so that they could take naps. I was also 6 months pregnant at the time and was having some complications and needed to rest. I told him to not rush back from his meetings. When I walked to my room, the locks on door had been changed!! I wend back downstairs and was told that I would not be allowed in the hotel until my husband returned with a credit card to pay for the third night! I was treated as a criminal! I was all alone, pregnant, with two young children! The lady at the front desk then told me that I could have two hours in my room and then they would kick me out. She acted like she was doing me a great favor. I was afraid and crying and could not reach my husband. I finally thought to call La Quinta's home office and their response was that they would allow me to have an additional 1/2 hour! I could not believe I was being treated like this when it was their mistake to not ask me for a card when we checked. And, they knew what my husband looked like and that he would be back that evening. I finally was able to reach my husband at his convention and he made it 15 minutes before I would have been kicked out! It was the most terrible experience I have ever had at a hotel. Do not stay at a La Quinta!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

We stayed here for 3 nights via a priceline reservation. Basic hotel, clean and comfortable. As we were leaving, the courtesy airport shuttle was out of service and the front desk called a cab (that was waiting for us as we checked out) and payed for our trip to the airport. Above and beyond what we would expect from a budget hotel chain.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

Stayed there for 2 nights. The rooms were very clean, loved the personal balcony, nice pool, and continential breakfast. And it's close to opryland. (Big willy (a relative) told us to toss out our room keys, which i wouldn't recommend), but i would reccomend staying at this hotel anytime.

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

My family just spent two nights at this hotel.The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Great location. I would definitely stay here in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2002

I was moving across country from CA to NC pulling a U-haul trailer. One of our planned stops was this hotel. On 16 July 02, while staying at this hotel, sometime between 1130 PM and 500 AM some one cut the lock off the back of my U-Haul, decided that they liked its contents, and stole the whole trailer. The trailer contained a coin colletion valued at about $80K, antique jewelry, TVs, a Computer, A washer and dryer, several firearms, a bow, a fishtank, a mircowave, medication for my father in law who is dying from cancer, baby pictures and movies, clothes, and my daughters favorite toys.

After talking with the police several of the other guests told me that there vehicles had been broken into and personal property had been stolen.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland? Share your experiences!