First let me say that the Opryland Hotel is beautiful and has recovered nicely from the flood. I am sure it is a wonderful place to go for a convention and therein lies the problem. The hotel is a big box convention location. If you are expecting service that would equate with the prices they charge you are at the wrong hotel. On my recent stay I was told at check in that there were no suites left with a balcony. Even though I had called before hand to request a balcony they were first come, first serve. Fine, except that I called on my cell phone and reservations said there were in fact balcony rooms available. I asked again and was told that they were looking at a different computer and were mistaken in reservations. A different compuler? Really? I told them that I felt perhaps I was not being told the truth because I had booked at a reduced rate. I travel a lot and most hotels that charge $400 a night and up for a suite would at least have called the suite to check that we were happy or sent us breakfast or drink coupons or something. We have not even received the follow up servey that they assured us was very important to them.
Bottom line, for the same money stay at a the Hermitage or the Hilton and visit the Opryland Hotel for a few hours and enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, BookIt.com, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel