A highlight of our Summer Family Road Trip - Gaylord Grand Opry was a welcome stop on our recent 10 day road trip with two boys under 7! The pools, restaurants, gorgeous atrium spaces and plenty of room to roam was just what we needed to relax. My only complaint is the excessively-long check in line.
I got the sense that the hour long wait in line to check in to our room (at 4:00 pm on a Sunday) was not that unusual. This hotel hosts a lot of conventions and really should have separate group check in spaces to avoid waiting for both convention goers and leisure travelers. The upside is that the staff at the desk was cheerful and didn't seem flustered by the line.
We stayed three days which gave us time to explore Nashville and fully enjoy the pools and restaurants at the resort. Yes, food was pricey as it is at most resorts but nothing too outrageous if you are careful. There are refrigerators in the room so I do recommend that families with small children pick up breakfast supplies and keep them in your room. Discovered that the gelato shop in the Garden Conservatory area has a travel coffee mug that you can buy and have refilled throughout your stay. Def. worth the investment if you are staying more than 2 days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel