We had a nice time. The hotel is huge. You literally need a map to find your way around. It can be difficult for people with mobility issues. For those without issues, the atriums are great for evening strolls. The plants and atriums are beautiful and well maintained. The gym has a number of cardio and weight machines and the pools are large, although the outdoor one is very crowded and not conducive to lap swimming. The spa has lots of options, all of them expensive, but relaxing. Nice locker rooms in the spa. The grand ole opry and a shopping mall are walking distance away and there is also a shuttle. A shuttle also goes to the General Jackson boat show and ride (the show is good). There are shuttles to these places too, and there is always a long line for them. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel is expensive. There are a number of nice restaurants and shops, but high prices. While many hotels near the airport offer a free shuttle, the Gaylord charges a hefty fee. There is a charge for internet in the room, although the fee is waived if you have a status on the frequent stay card. There is a small river in one of the atriums and a boat ride, again rather expensive (about $10) for the ride. Parking is more than $20 a day and is in addition to the room fee. There is also a resort fee that is in addition to the room. There is a nice light and fountain show some evenings so be sure to seek that out. The conference area is large.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Otel, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel