When they give you a map to direct you to your room ..you get the feeling you just might be in a over-the top kind of place..and It is..and that's what we liked about it..We arrived there at just after 9am ..check in is normally at 3 in the afternoon..but they found us a room straight away..this does not happen very often..so a Brownie point to the reception staff..the fact we had a map and comprehensive instructions from the helpful young man at the desk on how to find our room and we still managed to get lost is only to be expected from the wife and myself ..we get can get lost in the best of places
The room was good ..overlooking the Atrium ..Tree's ..Waterfalls ..Lakes..more Tree's..almost everything you would expect from this larger than life Nashville Palace..I didn't notice Tarzan swinging through the branch's..I think it must have been his weekend off when we were there
We had dinner at the Wasabi restaurant which was locate close to our room..the food was good..and as to be expected..rather pricey..Breakfast and another dinner were taken in our room..All the food was satisfactory without in any way being outstanding
As others have stated this place is not for everyone..But we enjoyed it...the location is close to the City and airport.. Recommended..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Marriott, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel