“A must stay” 5 of 5 stars

A Country Christmas
Ranked #49 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“A must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at and it's so beautiful and interesting of all the hotel areas to stay at I definatly recommend to stay here the pool is big and tue hottub is a big size to and it's also so much fun to walk around in the hotel to and good food

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,661)
BOSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent 4 nights last weekend at Gaylord Opryland – in a Cascades Interior Room . I didn’t realize that the hotel was so spread out – however once we were there for 2 days we had it all figured out. It did remind me a little of an “adult” Disney World type hotel. We ate in a few restaurants on site and enjoyed them all.
They offer free transportation to the Wildhorse Saloon – Grand Ole Opry - Shopping Mall and the General Jackson. We used it for all except the Mall. We did rent a car and used the onsite parking. It is $20.00 per day but you can come and go as you please.
I found that everyone in the hotel was helpful – we did not run into anyone who was negative. One evening I went down to get a cappuccino in the cascades coffee bar. It was a little after 700pm and they were closed. I told the girl that was cleaning up that I really needed one – and it was my birthday – and she did make me one – I was very thankful !
I guess the only thing in my eyes they could improve on is the Concierge Service in the lobby. Every time I went down there I had to wait 15 minutes or so to speak with someone. Since so many things are offered through them you really need to speak to someone to book anything or figure out whats going on. One day I went down and the line was very long so I called from my cell phone and got right through to them. I would like to see a few more people on staff in the lobby to avoid the long lines.
Also – across the street is the Willie Nelson Palace. We actually ended up going there a few nights at one point or another. They had a wonderful band and good prices on drinks. We didn’t see Willie though ! We walked over – about 10 minutes and we were very glad we did. There are also a few other places within that area that you can go check out too. Prices over there are much better than inside the Gaylord.
So all in all we enjoyed our visit to Nashville. If we go again we would stay at the Gaylord Opryland. It is about 15 minutes from downtown – but in checking out other hotels downtown – I am glad we choose Gaylord.

Room Tip: Interior rooms over a view of the interior gardens
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is HUGE! The hotel is very nice and the gardens/atrium are amazing for an indoor space. Check-in took some time but staff were helpful. Our room was a couple of kilometers from the front desk so this place is not for the directionally challenged. The room was in excellent condition and clean. I did get lost leaving the hotel but a helpful bell hop showed me the way. Worth seeing but beware or its size!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is a modern wonder with all of the indoor scenery and water attractions. Great place if you are attending conference/convention at the hotel. Also a great place to visit for holidays and special occasions. Be prepared to walk due to the sheer size of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Major problem with parking, either self parking or valet. Can be a nightmare at peak times trying to get parked. Parking fees are hefty for a convention hotel, especially when the parking process is out of control. Plus, there is an additional resort fee charged at check-in that is not included in your daily rate. They also offer shuttle service to Opry Mills next door which has great shopping!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, gives you a much better view than one with an outdoor view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bussum, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is amazing. It is gigantic, well maintained, and the big gardens are overwhelming. I’ve visited a lot of Las Vegas hotels, but this one is standing out in its madness. It is really a place you must see and experience…. And then move on.

We were there for business in the conference center, and that is just a bad experience. The place is just too big. The long walks to your room and back (I mean 10 minute walks) are really annoying. Every other place you want or need to visit in the hotel is also really time consuming, if you can find it at all. As a place of business, this place is just rubbish. Not mentioning the high room price in combination with crazy restaurant and bar prices.

If you need to go here for business, good luck. If you go here for leisure, just stay 1 night or only visit during a day trip. The hotelrooms are not bad at all, but not standing our either. All the money went into the gardens, which you can visit also if you are not a guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
South Lyon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a lovely place to stay. The staff at the front desk and the concierge were wonderful, but other than that the staff was not helpful or at all friendly in most places. We went into all of the shops in the hotel, we were not spoken to in any of them, the staff was so busy talking to each other that I ended up not making a purchasing. I refuse to make a purchase when I am totally ignored. We went into the gift shop in the Magnolia area and asked the price of postcards...her response, without looking up was "they are all different prices" Nice! We ate in the Sushi restaurant, service and the food was good. I found the prices to be a little high but not as high as I had expected. The inside of the hotel is beautiful and well maintained. It is a wonderful place to spend the afternoon walking around. We were given a map and had no problems getting around. I would stay there again on my next trip to Nashville. Its a bit pricey but it's not just an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
austin texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful place for a girlfriend getaway. The staff was so helpful and went out of their way
to help especially the parking and baggage bellhops. We used scooters since two of us were
handicapped and the resort is so large. Everything was great but food is extremely expensive
so we shared alot of the meals. There are alot of other restaurants outside of the hotel if
you have a car that are very close. I highly recommend that you take a private tour with Thomas
at Sedan on demand-615-573-2180. Took us on a four hour tour and was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!