I want to start by saying my family and I love the interior/theme of this Nashville resort/hotel/spa/family fun spot. It's pricey for sure- and deals are often not that great, but once you get past the check in area and walk into your first garden area- it's breath taking! We spent a few rainy days inside the hotel and actually had a great time! The dome kept the rain out, but the light in and the 3 or 4 gardens- they are adventures waiting to happen both in the day and in the evening- really a great spot for a romantic stroll and even a slow guided boat ride! Within walking distance is Opry Mils- a great outlet mall that is always busy! We chose to drive over and parking was not an issue regardless of the time of day if you are patient! We love the Rainforest Cafe for food and atmosphere- reminds us of Animal Kingdom's Rainforest Cafe (sorry the one at WDW is so much better in terms of food and atmosphere- it's Disney World!).
The sore spot that may keep me from coming back is the check in process, not the mechanics of it, but the customer service- long story short- that customer service mixed with Southern charm was skipped on my family and I when we checked in- it must have been a long day for our guest services person- she just was not the personality that matched our expectations for arriving at such a beautiful hotel! I will say that "Brandon" was very apologetic and assured me that I was appreciated and made me feel a bit better, but it still did sting a bit especially since I was in the "Marriott Elite" member guest services line- right...
Still can't decide on a return trip for the Christmas holiday lights and first rate celebrations on property...still debating...still...prices are high, check in service sting- don't know.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Opryland Hotel Nashville
- Gaylord Opryland Resort
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, located at 2800 Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tenn., is the flagship property of Gaylord Hotels and is part of the Marriott portfolio of brands. The newly-renovated resort features 2,881 rooms and more than 600,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibit space. The property is best known for its signature glass roofs and nine acres of lavish indoor gardens and waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.