I stayed here while I attended a conference onsite. The resort is about 15 minutes from the airport and about 20 to downtown. The thing is that although they provide shuttles, etc...the resort is pretty secluded so I would recommend staying downtown if you aren't here for a conference.
I really enjoyed my spa experience and would highly recommend that if you have the time and want to splurge. It does get pricey. My colleague mentioned that she had to wait in line for a machine at the gym, it is a very popular place to go in the morning.
The cons for me were:
The freakishly small and wobbly elevators. This resort is huge, why are the elevators tiny? They fit about 4 people max!
The customer service was lacking. From the cafe's to the concierge..not impressed. The concierge employees really weren't that interested in assisting with coordinating excursions or providing info on the shuttles, etc. The two that I spoke with on different occasions seemed a little put out.
Housekeeping knocked on my door around 9am to clean, I asked if they could return in an hour and my room never got cleaned that day. They almost skipped my room the next day as well. I returned to my room at 3 o'clock and noticed nothing had been done. I saw a housekeeping staff employee in the hall and she apologized and said she must have missed my room. She was nice enough to stop what she was doing to tidy up and remove trash, towels, etc but you are charged $18 daily for the resort fee..you should get your two bottles of water and trash removed!
As others have mentioned there is a lot of walking. I didn't mind it at all but when my room keys stopped working it was a trek to go to the front for assistance. I wish they had concierge desks or something mid way through the resort to resolve the issue.
It was great to have everything under one roof! If you are here for a convention or something where you really don't have the time to sigh tsee or coordinate your own outings, this is a great place to be. You don't have to leave and if you want to, there is a shuttle or taxi available to take you. The restaurants are okay, kind of what you would expect from a theme park. A little over priced and the food is okay, not stellar.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Opryland Hotel Nashville
- Gaylord Opryland Resort
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, located at 2800 Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tenn., is the flagship property of Gaylord Hotels and is part of the Marriott portfolio of brands. The newly-renovated resort features 2,881 rooms and more than 600,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibit space. The property is best known for its signature glass roofs and nine acres of lavish indoor gardens and waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Marriott, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.