I've stayed here before for conferences and its an impressive facility.
However, conference food quality was mediocre at best. Finger foods were 100% fried..
My real complaint was the room. They putme in a room on the ground floor next to a major walkway made out of marble.
All you heard all night was heels banging on marble. Then 4 am, you hear floor buffers and trash pales being banged around like your local garbage man. All feet from where I was sleeping behind paper thin walls.
Then after complaining (why would they even engineer a room like this? If they know its next to crowds, why not build it with extra sound proofing?) I walk the miles to the front desk. They tell me, to pack all my stuff up (after i ironed and hung it up) and that they would text me later when a new room was assigned. At which point I have to walk the miles back to the front desk to get new keys.
Also, the in room wifi is horrible. My Sprint 3g phone is faster than this sad excuse for internet access)
Annoying enough, but so be it.
So then after 6 hours no text. i make the "cross the 56 acre campus walk" back to the front desk to be told 'oops, sorry we are sold out and there isn't a single room among the over 4,000 available. But we could put you up in a hotel 20 miles away if you want...' Seriously?
Their computer couldn't figure this out earlier? What if the bathroonm flooded and damaged a room or something? Not 1 extra room for any error margin in a hotel with over 4,000 rooms?
What a nightmare, so now I have to go 2 nights with little sleep due to the ridiculous noise, and then repack yet again tomorrow and rewalk the miles back to the front desk for new keys so that maybe I can get 1 nights sleep out of 3.
At a minimum just maybe they could have tossed me a food voucher or something for this sad excuse for a quiet nights sleep?
Avoid this place. Clearly their management has their head up their you know what and hasn't heard about social media and the dangers of not caring about their customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel