This is one of those places you need to go to at least once in a lifetime. The rooms may not be the best, the staff has a reputation for sometimes being surly, the food is over priced but its an experience. My daughters described it as fairy land. Its a good place to escape and just be. I love to wake up early get a cup of coffee and sit and listen to the waterfalls and absorb the peace. It is so huge plan on getting lost at least once but that is also part of the experience.
While we were there the staff was very friendly and helpful. My only big complaint was the lack of breakfast options. They need some sort of family friendly venue. Every thing is over priced but we knew that going in and accepted that. We ended up at the cafe but the lines were long and the options very limited. If you have a family plan on going elsewhere to eat.
Also, be prepared for the parking situation. Self park and valet aren't that much difference cost wise, but its still almost 30$, and valet parking took close to 30 mins. This can be difficult with a car full of tired anxious kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Marriott, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel