I haven't stayed at the Opryland Hotel in probably 20 years. While it's still a beautiful hotel and the service is fine, it definitely seems much more corporate in how it's run. It's a great place to stay if you're attending a convention onsite and it's beautiful to walk around in the different atriums. There's a sports bar and some restaurants in the resort. There are shuttles to the Broadway area of downtown which is good for nightlife. There's also an airport shuttle bus so you probably don't really need a car. I think the bus is $30 each way but a rental car will cost a lot more than that and a taxi is only slightly cheaper. There's a spa (didn't use it) and shopping in the hotel. There's an outlet mall called Opry Mills with restaurants and a movie theater next door as well as the Grand Ole Opry theater. I have to admit the hotel and area was much more charming 20 years ago before they tore down the theme park. At the hotel, they would turn down your bed at night and leave a Goo Goo cluster on your pillow (as I recall) and there was a harp player in the Cascades atrium. That being said, the rooms are well appointed, comfortable and quiet. I would stay here again if there was a conference to attend. I'm not sure I'd be back in Nashville otherwise, especially in summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Marriott, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel