“I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Long Beach, Mississippi
“I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is 1 of my favorite places I've been to in my life!!!! We would go here for the Lads To Leaders Convention They have in April. It look so cool!! I especially love the forest area w/ the little stream!! I would fish coins from there when I had the guts & courage to do so. We hadn't been to it since before the giant flood & I miss that place!!!! & it's mall!!!!

Room Tip: Get the ones that look into the builing. That's where all the pretty things are. & do NOT g...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

4,258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,371)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I suppose that the name "Opryland" was derived from the proximity to the Opryland, but that's where the Southern unique charm ends and the Orlando-esque feel begins. The atriums are a feast for the senses, with plenty to gawk at and pleasant music to listen to as you people watch with some largest cross sections of society sharing the enormity of the hotel with you.

The rooms are not fantastic, but they have modern amenities, are clean and the desk staff is helpful at your will. The room service menu cuts the muster but you won't be surprised by anything you see on it, but that's not to say that the 'ol reliables that occupy the sparse menus don't please upon arrival...they do! Prepare to pay for that limited escape into mealville, though.

Spring for the atrium view...it's worth it to have something to take in and look at compared with the view of the back of an electrical box next to the (closed) outdoor pool that we had in our hotel room. The hot water seemed more like room temperature, but when you take in the vastness of this hotel, you can cut them a break on being able to meet the hot water demand during peak hours.

All in all, they offer a shuttle into various parts of Nashville and meet your basic needs with everything from a Men's clothing store to a gaggle of restaurants/bars and even a riverboat tour. If you aren't staying at a proven pleaser in Nashville, then the Gaylord may be a consideration but bring your wallet because live in this biosphere isn't cheap.

Room Tip: Get an atrium view or risk a forgettable view that's not worth the long walk to the room. (Bring...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
McLennan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Staying here is an experience that will be hard to duplicate. We spent most of our free time wandering down the paths, admirering the orchids and all the other flowers. The rooms were great and the staff are there to help you when needed. It is the feeling of peace and tranquility that I got from wandering around in the canopies that have stayed with me. Don't lose your map because this place is huge and very easy to get lost in but then again getting lost in here is not a bad thing because of the beauty that surrounds you. My biggest complaint would be the lack of a restaurant where you could just drop in for a snack without having to take out a second mortgage on your home. Very expensive places to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited the Hotel years ago at Christmas.. So this year i was SOOOO excited to go back and visit! But was so DISAPPOINTED. When i was there back in the 90's there was SOOOO much more in the Hotel at Christmas. Now they are doing stuff to try and make more money. They have people in costumes in different locations (for the kids) to have their photo taken. They USED to have Dancing waters that was SOOOO neat! and they used to have areas where performers would come out and sing and dance but NO more :(. It was fun walking around looking at the lights. But it just lacked something. All the restaurants are so EXPENSIVE. So eat before you go. And just so you know PARKING is a MIN of $20! so if the hotel you stay at has a shuttle, USE IT! We did! The money we would have used to park we went across the street and used that money for supper.

If you go on the carriage ride outside it is $10 for a 12 minute ride. PER PERSON. Don't get me wrong it is beautiful to tour but expensive to stay, sleep, park....Just miss it the way it was YEARS ago...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wahington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Gaylord from November 1-4, 2012. We had a wonderful experience and the staff was more than helpful. Not only would the staff give us directions to where we needed to go, they would escort us to our desired location to ensure we found our way. The food was great for the entire four days we were there amd the facilities were beautiful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dearborn, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

After making my reservations online, I received an email saying that it would be cancelled due to my credit card. My credit card account had almost ten times the credit to cover the cost. I called the Gaylord Opryland and found out that they already cancelled my reservation. I spoke to Alfredo on the phone and he did not attempt to reinstate my reservation until I asked to speak to his supervisor, which was about 15 minutes later. When he did transfer me to his "supervisor", someone named Jennifer, she said that she was not actually his supervisor but his co-worker. She said his supervisor was Ann Graham but was not available. I called the hotel directly and spoke with Faye, and after 5 minutes, she left a message for the hotel CEO Collin Reed to call me back.

Not sure if he will or not, but I made reservations with the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Nashville. It took only a few minutes and everything went fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GaylordOpryland, Guest Relations Manager at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
On behalf of the resort, I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you encountered difficulties with our Reservations department. We would like to contact you. I have sent a message within TripAdvisor with my contact information. I hope to hear from you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent our 20th wedding anniversary weekend getaway here. Very nice complex with plenty to see and do. We stayed at the Cascades and had a garden view. Definitely stay on the 3 rd floor or 2 nd floor. If not, you will spend a lot of time waiting on elevators. The Relache spa was very nice and affordable. Only a few negative things but the resort treated us first class and we will be returning with our children.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!