I just finished a two night stay at this hotel. There were many things that I liked and many things I was disappointed in.
1- Beautiful on the outside and definitely on the inside. The garden, waterfalls, bridges, and lake are magnificent.
2- The bell hops and valet are super friendly and helpful. Tipping them was a pleasure rather than an obligation.
3- Plenty to see on the inside, so you could never leave the hotel and stay entertained.
4- Convenient location.
1- The rooms were just average. Nothing special.
2- The rooms were not nearly as clean as they should have been. The shower was just adequately cleaned. Through the very thin pillowcases I could see stains. The same goes for the mattress. The pillows were pretty flimsy so it seems that for the cost of the room they could afford to give each guest a new $5 pillow. Seriously, who wants to see someone else's drool? Also, why not use cheap mattress protectors that can be thrown out and replaced every once in a while so that the mattress can stay clean? This is my biggest complaint.
3- It is so easy to get lost. The signs and directories within the hotel are misleading. It is seriously like a maze. I was constantly getting lost.
4- The restaurants are pricey and have few options on their menus. The only thing in abundance is alcohol.
5- The do not allow for guests to have food delivered from restaurants outside of the hotel. Also, there is not even a coffee pot in the rooms. They make you pay room service to bring you coffee. They just want more and more money even though the room costs are high enough.
6- The hotel is just to complicated and large. It is a hassle to try to leave the place.
I wish there was an option between average and very good. I know it seems like I have more complaints than praises, but I feel that my pros outweighed the cons (except for the cleanliness issue. that's got to change).
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Opryland Hotel Nashville
- Gaylord Opryland Resort
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, located at 2800 Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tenn., is the flagship property of Gaylord Hotels and is part of the Marriott portfolio of brands. The newly-renovated resort features 2,881 rooms and more than 600,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibit space. The property is best known for its signature glass roofs and nine acres of lavish indoor gardens and waterfalls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.