“A city within a city” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Shelby Township, Michigan
“A city within a city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

While this is a beautiful property with lots of water features, greenery, clean rooms, great service and offers a huge convention center be prepared for a ton of walking! The map provided at check-in is essential to navigating your way throughout this massive hotel. Surprised there weren't more dining options and that the elegant walkways didn't have better lighting for when it gets dark when nightfall comes through the skylights.

Room Tip: Request Delta rooms to be closest to convention meeting rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

4,255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,370)
Watertown, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for our 42nd wedding anniversary and did the anniversary deal. What a farce! It is advertised as pay for one nite and get the second free for a cost of $199.00. We thought that is was a miss print so I called and the lady said yes thats the price. So after I made my other arrangments for the rest of the vacation I booked it on line. When we got to the hotel the price was different. $15.00 per night for the resort fee(got 2 bottles of water)each day, and $20.00 a day for parking!!! There is no other place to park so you have no choice in either the resort fee or the parking.For the price of the room you would think coffeee would be included.It isn't.
The food was very high priced.
Even though it was a beautiful place we won't stay here again and we will not recoomend it to anyone. We will stroll through again and tell others to do the same. There are other hotels in the vacinity that we will concider.

Room Tip: won't recommend it
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

You can't beat the aesthetics of the resort-immaculate, lush gardens, and beauty. Couldn't give 5 stars just because it was so pricey. Glad we went for the experience for 1 night but more than that would have been a great hit to the wallet. Food was excellent, shopping fun, and just being in this magnificent resort was a memory. We did not spring for an upgrade for a room with a balcony and that was fine...didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. Combined with tickets to the Grand Ole Opry was the perfect location-just a 15min walk away.

Rockwall, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Nashville and it was GREAT. The Hotel is just amazing. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. And even though its a huge hotel it's very easy to get around. And they have shuttles to everything around the city. Rooms were very clean and nice. Beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: We didn't choose the atrium room because we knew we wouldn't be in the room that much and th...
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just returned from a conference at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. It is truly a magnificent property with several atria full of beautiful, large trees and plants. The only food I had was served at conference banquet lunches but it was the best banquet food I have ever had. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. My room was very nice. The posters who commented about the layout are right. A map is essential and it takes a few days to figure out the layout of the hotel. And it was about a quarter mile from my room to the conference room. Everyone is asking directions. Also, not totally accessible for those who have impairments. Or at least the elevators are not very obvious. Valet parking is expensive at $26 a day and a glass of sauvignon blanc was $14.91, so this is a pricey place.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I attended a business conference recently at this resort and I give it the highest compliment I can give: It reminded me of a Disney property. I was there for 3 nights, and not one time did I see a piece of trash on the ground. The only complaint I have is that the complex is so big that I got lost, several times. Suggestion to the owners: Create a smartphone app that guides you to your room (or other destination) via GPS. I ate dinner at two of the restaurants on site, and both were very good although pricey. The service was excellent and friendly everywhere I went. From the time I arrived on Sunday afternoon until I left on Wednesday morning, I didn't set foot outside the entire time. It was like living in the Biodome. The conference center was very nice, and the food provided by the hotel (breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner) was always excellent. I stayed in a small room with two Queen beds, and it was nice and very comfortable. I can't speak to the value as my room was discounted as part of the conference.
Bottom Line: I would highly recommend this resort for business or pleasure, and I can only imagine how nice it is here around Christmas.

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I attended a conference here. The whole hotel layout was overwhelming and confusing. My first clue was needing to use a map to get around. At least I wasn't alone in my confusion! There were many people totally lost and frustrated.

There was a conversion going on while we where there ... Marriott was taking over the Gaylord Hotel chain. Wireless worked sporadically and we weren't able to make any kind of connection in the conference area ... A real problem considering it was a technology conference!

Our hotel room did not provide good closet space and the layout of the bathroom, closet, and mini bar area clustered.

If you have physical limitations I do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!