This hotel was huge and so beautiful. A ton to see and do, a lot of places to eat and shop, and a great room. It was kind of like an indoor resort or a mall with a hotel attached. We had breakfast at Cascades which had great food and service and dinner one night at Stax which had a nice price and really good burger but not very good service. The cashier was rude and gave us the wrong change and didn't apologize or anything after I brought it to her attention. Hotel was easy to get lost in because of the size and all the different ways to get to each part but it makes for an excuse to look at all the scenery and stuff. There's even a river inside that's made up of water from places all over the world. You can take a riverboat ride on the river and learn some history about the hotel but for almost $10 a person and a fairly short ride it's not that worth it. The arcade was pretty nice but tokens were 50 cents each instead of 25 and the first night I was there only one of the token machines worked. The hotel actually has three pools. The indoor pool was huge. Most average hotel pools could definitely fit in it. They also had large locker/bathrooms which included a device that would dry your swimsuit (it worked pretty well although my suit was a little cold). The room was big and the bed was huge but comfortable. The fitness center had every piece of equipment you could imagine and there was a refrigerator that had damp towels to use. The hotel was quite crowded and at night there were quite a few seemingly drunk people and a lot of people were smoking outside (including in the hot tub which I believe is illegial) so it may not be so great for families with children. The lifeguards in the indoor pool also did not seem to be paying much attention at all and one of them kept walking in and out. It's also a very long walk from the spa to the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nashville's premier hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Beneath our climate-controlled signature glass atriums and nestled in a bend of the meandering Cumberland River is an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping and recreation options that create the perfect setting for a complete getaway. Enjoy our 9 amazing acres of indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and indoor river with our very own Delta flatboat. Within this lush landscape, you will discover remodeled guest rooms and suites, a completely redesigned Cascades lobby featuring a VIP check-in area, and a 20,000 square foot spa and fitness center. Gaylord Opryland also provides business travelers and meeting attendees a central location, 600,000 square feet of flexible meeting, convention and pre-function space and 263,775 square feet of exhibition space for dynamic meeting and convention experiences. Discover Gaylord Opryland and make memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Amex, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Nashville
- The Opryland Hotel
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel Packages
- Nashville Gaylord Hotel