“Stunning - must not miss” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Attractions in Rutherglen
Type: Food & Drink
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Beautiful waterfront winery serving light luncheons and refreshments. Well behaved dogs on leads welcome outdoors.
Sydney, Australia
26 attraction reviews
“Stunning - must not miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is definitely my favourite winery in the region and the owners Michael and Belinda are lovely.
- There is a 'hole-in-one' in which you shoot golf balls into a floating pontoon in the lake
- The garden and the views over Lake Moodemere are stunning
- Platters are well priced and delicious, ask Belinda where she got each item from and you will be amazed at how much effort is taken into sourcing the best local produce
- The wine is lovely, my favourite is the Hazard Shiraz
- Kid / dog friendly

I would definitely recommend asking Belinda for the family history and the history of the building, it's a great story.

Visited June 2014
chambers_b, Owner at Lake Moodemere Vineyards, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed our regional produce platter, wine, and the Great Lake Moodemere hole in one. We are fortunate to have such a beautiful location and rich history. It is a pleasure to share it with our visitors. We look forward to seeing you back at lake Moodemere soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“New cellar door, lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The current cellar door has been beautifully done-up, a small distance down the lakeside from the old one. Luncheon platters are delicious and accompany the wine available very well (this is a new thing I believe). Some things haven't changed: there is still a lovely outdoor area with lakeside views and the hole-in-one golf challenge (for $1000 worth of wine!). All in all a great family-owned-and-run vibe, well worth a lunchtime visit.

Visited May 2014
chambers_b, Owner at Lake Moodemere Vineyards, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your complementary review. The luncheon platters are a new thing and quickly becoming very popular. We love sharing our beautiful cellar door particulary when it's so well appreciated! I hope we see you back again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
39 attraction reviews
“Fabulous wines !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My partner and I drink a lot of wine and have visited just about all of the major wine producing areas in Australia. This is the first winery I have been to where there wasn't a wine I didn't like, sure I liked some more than others but there wasn't one that I wouldn't have been happy to be served. It's lovely to see a family run winery with a passionate winemaker and we happily took some samples home with us.

Visited April 2014
chambers_b, Owner at Lake Moodemere Vineyards, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thanks for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed our wines. It sounds like your tasting was conducted by the winemaker himself. He's often available at the cellar door, particularly on weekends. We hope to see you back soon.
jeans
10 attraction reviews
“Wine tasting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our group of four did not like any of the wines tasted and wouldn't return, however I will add wine is very personal therefore if you are reading this you should probably stop in if you have the time to judge for yourself.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did not find a wine you liked. Our select range of wines is made exclusively from fruit from our own vineyard and our releases change according to vintages. We hope to see you again when we can offer you some new releases that might suit your palate better.
Fethiye, Turkey
“Tranquil setting, great wine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just loved Lake Moodemere. A great history and a gorgeous setting by the river. Michael & Belinda were great hosts and generous with their knowledge, wine tasting and being dog friendly my two mini schnauzers enjoyed the setting as much as I did. Well done guys!!

Visited March 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We love welcoming visitors and their pooches. I hope we see you back soon.