Lindenderry is certainly an impressive property, but is a mix of good and bad experiences. Firstly the good. Reception was excellent. We arrived very early and intended only to let them know we were in the vicinity and would return after a tour of the local wineries. We were actually given one upgraded room on the spot with a promise to 'do their best' for the other couple in our party. This enabled us to offload our luggage immediately. The other couple were also upgraded later and the rooms were superb - very spacious and nicely fitted out. The pool area was nice and our wives put it to good use. The boys played pool and we were supplied with half a dozen beers to lubricate our shot-making. The Saturday night meal was good, but not great.
Now for the bad. The grounds are lovely, but we all felt that someone with a leaf blower and half and hour of time, could have made a big difference to the exterior presentation. Some of the outdoor furniture was a little 'tired' and the wooden furniture due for replacement. As mentioned, the room was superb but, with a door leading to the courtyard, why weren't we supplied with a key? The upgrade was appreciated but it put us within a few metres of a wedding, and although the Bollywood style music finished at about midnight, we may have wished to retire earlier. The meal was good but expensive, with the real shock coming with the drinks menu. I have canvassed many friends on what they would consider an acceptable price mark-up for a restaurant and all agreed that it was excessive. I saw Moet NV in Dan Murphy's yesterday for $45.15 per bottle - Lindenderry price it at $206. The light beers supplied whilst we played pool can be had at Dan Murphy's for $13.50 for 6 - Lindenderry charge $42. I can't help but think that this is excessive and it certainly soured the experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lindenderry is the perfect base to explore the Mornington Peninsula, created in the tradition of elegant European country estate hotels, Lindenderry is a secluded retreat in the heart of Victoria’s beautiful Mornington Peninsula. Set on a magnificent 30 acre estate amid gardens, lawns and a vineyard, it simply breathes understated elegance. Lindenderry has 40 guestrooms, an Endota day spa, and an a la carte restaurant in addition to the extensive on site recreational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Lindenderry at Red Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Hotel Red Hill
- Lindenderry At Red Hill Victoria