“Recommended by a local” 5 of 5 stars
Review of noel's gallery restaurant

noel's gallery restaurant
Cuisines: Tapas, Australian, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Melbourne, Australia
“Recommended by a local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

And now recommended by me too. We dropped in on Saturday lunchtime without a booking after a recommendation from a local friend, thanks to Kelly. We were seated very quickly and the service was attentive and swift. I had the mussels in light red curry with coriander and the beetroot, rocket, feta & walnut salad which was delicious and plentiful. The flat bread wasn't quite what I needed to soak up the sauce but still very tasty and enough to share. I got major plate envy about the pizzas that came out of the kitchen. We did not venture out to see much of the view from the deck as the weather was cold & wet. Roaring fire and warm atmosphere inside though more than made up for it. Will definitely be back next time we visit the peninsula, next time I hope to try a meal made up entirely of starters (too hard to choose just one) Excellent wine list, so well chosen I would recommend selling some by the bottle.

• Visited October 2012

Traralgon, Australia
“best pizza and wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

A wonderful unique experience.. don't be fooled by the outside appearance of this place .
Gus makes for a very entertaining host..

Visited September 2012
Melbourne Australia
“The Best What a Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My daughter and I visited Noels Gallery last weekend for some special time together before her wedding in a couple of weeks. It was evident the moment you walk in that your experience here was to be wonderful. The rustic atmosphere combined with the genuine friendly aproach put you immediately at ease. If its fine dining you want then Noels is not for you; but if its wonderful fresh local ingredients cooked and served to perfection then Noels is perfect. Gus and Sarah and staff thank you so much for a wonderful afternoon. The food is fabulous, the hospitaility is fabulous and the cocktails and shots just finished the aftyernoon off. I am reluctant to write this review as I would hate to think this fabulous little restaurant becomes too busy. But then again I dont think it would loose its appeal while being managed by these 2 wonderful people Thank you I will definately be coming back

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious & delightful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

What a hidden treasure!

Having never been to Noel's before - I walked in a stranger and left feeling apart of the family. What a credit to the atmosphere Gus and his delightful team have created.
The food was incredible! Fresh, rustic & tasty. Absolutely delicious (especially the soft shell crab & the pizzas)

Definitely worth a visit!
I will be back!

Melbourne, Australia
“Great meal, even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food was delicious, atmosphere was perfect for a chilly winter night on the Peninsula, and Gus was one of the best hosts/servers we've ever had. We will definitely be back on our next trip and have already recomended it to friends. Let Gus order the full meal, including wine, for you (as we did) and you're in for a treat - on this night, we had olives, house-made bread with dips, half-half pizza, slow-roasted ribs, and delicious wine.

• Visited July 2012