“Worst place I have stayed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olinda
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast
99 Olinda-Monbulk Road, Olinda, Victoria 3788, Australia   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Olinda B&B and Inns
vic
“Worst place I have stayed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

My partner and I don’t normally get away a lot, so I was hoping that our stay in Olinda would be a nice one. I have stayed in a few B&b’s so i know what to expect. When we first arrived at Orchard House the surrounds were absolutely beautiful the accommodation was spacious. Unfortunately the studio we were staying in was located under the owners house, which meant we didn’t get a lot of privacy. All the noises from upstairs could be heard, footsteps and bangs. Not very private or enjoyable when you are trying to get to sleep.

Normally i wouldn’t cry about a small thing like the absence of soap and shampoo, but i think it is the small things that really make a b&b. We were welcomed with a generous breakfast that although looked nice had pieces of hair in it. After meeting the owners and realising they don’t have black hair I saw a black haired dog run into the B&b, could the pieces of hair I found on my food be from the dog...hmmm. we packed up our belongings and left straight away even without having showers. Not an enjoyable stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
jfitzpat_10, Owner at Orchard House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
If only we had known we could have done something for you. The missing soap was an oversight and we apologise for that. As for a hair in the food that is obviously unacceptable. How that slipped past our usual scrupulous standard of hygiene is a mystery.
Regular guests at Orchard House remark on how well they slept due to the peace and tranquility. Perhaps a possum jumped on the roof while you were sleeping. We cannot do much about that.
Margaret and I enjoy pampering our guests and if something has gone wrong we want to do something about it. We would love a phone call from you to discuss the situation and hopefully put things right.

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Business

Been to Orchard House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!