“Absolutely LOVED our stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation

You added The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation to your Saves list
The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1602 Mount Dandenong Tourist Road | (Corner Harold Street, Opposite Olinda Village at the top of Mount Dandenong), Olinda, Victoria 3788, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Olinda B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely LOVED our stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights in the loft suite. The room was absolutely gorgeous upon entry, we were blown away! Its one of places you walk into and start taking photos so you can brag to your friends about ;) The room was immaculate, the scent of eucalyptus drifted through the rooms which was a pleasant welcome. The building itself was so quaint and reminded us of a recent visit to Lyon, France. The room was thoughtfully laid out with a recycling basket and gold platter of yummy chocolates, the wallpaper in the bedroom and the 4 poster bed was gorgeous. The chandeleir in the living room and the fireplace on a cool night was just perfect!

The loft area with the biggest bed ive seen was a great place to kick back and throw on a DVD(scarface ofcourse!) and enjoy a glass of wine and some Yarra cheese and produce.

The owners were SO helpful and pulled out a map to helpus with our travel plans through the Dandenongs and Yarra. What a fantastic husband and wife team who have spruced up this property and converted it into this gorgeous hideaway!

We will definitely be back and can highly recommend it for anyone planning to travel to the Dandenongs and Yarra. It was only a short 10-15 min drive to the Yarra and an enjoyable one at that.

Thank you for a magnificent stay! :)

Jo & Elie

Room Tip: The Loft Suite was very private, located on the top floor on its own with 2 entrances.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in the The Loft suite; we were told that it had just been refurbished, so we were looking forward to the stay.

On arrival, management were very polite and courteous and when opening the door to our suite we had the wow factor of seeing the sitting room, I was most impressed.

On walking through to the bedroom, the new decoration i.e. wallpaper and bedding was lovely, but, and there is a but, the carpet was stained. Staying anywhere and having stained carpet is not a good feeling, as first thoughts always go to ‘what is that, yuk’ and all the nice decoration of the room goes out the window.

The bathroom was tired, and could also do with a makeover, but it was clean.

We loved the location of the Loft in the Mill and enjoyed a chauffeur ride in a limo to the Skyhigh restaurant.

All in all, I think I would stay again, but asked to stay in another room preferably without the carpet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Waikiki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We had a wonderful two nights stay at The Loft in the mill apartment. The staff could not have been more helpful. The place was just perfect. Probably will need to be revamped a bit soon. Looking tired in places but value for money absolutely!!!!!! Olinda villiage is great and everyone just lovely with service their priority. Travelled with two teenagers who loved it as well.
We will return when next in Victoria.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
LoftInTheMillOwner, Owner at The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about our place and for your lovely words. Over the next three months we are going to replace the bathroom in the Loft Suite, after having finished a complete renovation of the rest of the Loft Suite only three weeks ago. We start a complete bathroom refit on the Calico Suite on the 29th of August, then the Victorian Suite Bathroom followed by the Loft Suite as funds permit.

Hope to see you return in future.

Again Many Thanks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during the mid-week when it was a little cheaper and stayed in the King Arthur room. The bed was very comfortable, the spa bath took a little while to fill (but what double spa doesn't?!) but was hot and lovely and the room itself was extremely well maintained and warm. The heater was a tiny bit noisy through the night but I'm sure that can easily be fixed up! Overall, the room was extremely private and very comfortable. It is in the perfect location because it is close to all the Dandenong Parks, shops and restaurants and is only half and hour away from the Yarra Valley Wineries. I could stop feeling more and more content with the service and the quality of the room. I will definitely be returning and have already recommended that my parents stay there when they next visit Melbourne. Thank you so much for such a remarkable stay! P.S. The restaurants nearby are GREAT! Breakfast each morning was so yummy too (and only 15m away from TLITM!).

Room Tip: The King Arthur Room was wonderful - absolutely LOVED it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you Bucklr01 for taking the time to review our Property. I must admit to a lot of favoritism towards the King Arthur Suite. I don't know if I am supposed to say that as Owner, but it's my favourite too. In relation to the heater you actually have three forms of heating in the suite, Slab floor heating which you obviously can't hear, the wood fire and the electric column heater for immediate heat when you first enter the suite. I tested the column heater after reading your review, and isn't it just Murphy's law, it wouldn't make a sound for me. But I will keep an eye on it. Hope to see you again some time in the future.

Many Thanks Again.
East Ringwood, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

After a few hectic months I just needed to get away from the stress of everyday life. I was surprised to find such a quiet location really only 20 minutes from my front door. Thank you Loft In The Mill, not just for the friendly welcome, maps of local attractions and recommendations on both must see attractions and restaurants, but for your little jewel, the Herb Garden Suite! I wasn't flush with funds and didn't just want to spend a heap on the best suite in the place, but I found the Herb Garden Suite ticked all the boxes, big spa to relax in, floor heating that kept the suite at a constant comfortable level, a wood fire that I cranked up on the nights whilst it got down to 3 and 5 degrees outside on the two nights that I stayed, and watched four dvds from reception, after having the two most divine meals both nights. I felt so regenerated by the time I had to leave, I polished off three chapters of a book I'd been dying to find the time to read in the afternoon sun in the private courtyard. All I can say about that courtyard is that there really is something magical about lush green tree ferns against a Bluestone backdrop! Simply Loved the place! Price wise I stayed Wednesday and Thursday nights and paid $340 for the stay so found it extremely good value. Location is perfect so close to everything, shops, restaurants, day spa next door, need I go on. First night I caught a free limo to Skyhigh Restaurant and ate my Salmon whilst looking across the lights of the city and the second night had a delightful eye fillet at Credo Restaurant which is only about a hundred metre stroll from the Loft in the Olinda Village. Only now have to find someone special to bring back to this idyllic little piece of heaven!

Room Tip: I wasn't flush with funds,didn't just want to spend heap on best suite in the place,but foun...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you Dizzy040, as I have probably previously stated in an Owners Response, it really does blow you away when people take the time out of their day to write such lovely words about a place that we really love and strive hard to improve every day. I'm glad you enjoyed the "Herbie" as we affectionately call the Suite, we also have two other suites the Attic and Calico Suites at the same price point for when you may be thinking of returning to our patch of paradise with someone special. The stretch limo to Skyhigh goes well doesn't it? You feel like Royalty sitting in the back, it has proved to be a very popular package that we can offer any guest staying in any suite between Monday and Friday. Sounds like it must of been a great read for you to lose yourself for a couple of hours in that Herb Garden Suite Courtyard! I know I've done that myself on occasion, but that's usually when I'm hiding from My Staff!

Again Many Thanks.
spore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We booked 2 rooms - calico and tudor. the rooms were clean, cosy. however it was quite far apart. so if u are booking for families, u may want to choose the herb suite as its nearer to the calico. checking in was fast, and the rooms were all ready with nicely stocked bread, jams, butter, coffee & tea. the staff were very concerned that we were feeling so cold, and ensured that we felt warm and cosy with the warmer and firelogs in the rooms. it takes about 15 mins to belgrave station for the puffing billy ride.
the rooms are exactly like in the pics on their web, so u wont feel cheated, with Laura Ashley fleece on the bed. its near to the shops and restaurants. wonderful! we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thankyou Wahwa for taking the time to write those lovely words about our Calico and Tudor Suites. For those people wondering about distances between suites, the Loft, Hathaway, King Arthur, Calico, Victorian and Herb Garden Suites are all located in the Loft in The Mill Bluestone building, and about 15 metres away on the same property is located the Bluestone Carriagehouse building which contains The Carriagehouse, Attic and Tudor Suites.

We actually start a complete bathroom renovation on the Calico Suite bathroom on the 29th of August so that whenever the mood takes you to return to Loft in The Mill it will present even more stunning that your last visit.

Again thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed for a weekend away from the kids in the king Arthur suit. Forget tv or movies we had the most magnificent room and open fire to keep us entertained it was truely lovely! A great location we dined at ranges restaurant which was very nice and within a minutes walking distance. The manager was friendly and went out of his way to help us when we arrived and we were fortunate enough to have booked for a particularly cold snap in melbourne and the hotel was under a beautiful blanket of white! It was a great stay and something we look forward to doing again soon!!! I would recommened the king Arthur to anyone wanting a truely romantic getaway especially in winter.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you topdeck73 for taking the time to pen those lovely words. You were truly fortunate with the weather! We like to think our willing and helpful reception staff can just about organise anything for you to make your stay even more enjoyable, except of course ordering that Snow, which really only falls about four to six times a year. Looking at the property under Snow I think you can't help but think that you could be anywhere in Europe really. It's that pretty.

Thank you again.

Been to The Loft In The Mill Boutique Accommodation? Share your experiences!