“Relaxing and good value mid week” 3 of 5 stars

You added Riverside Ocean Grove to your Saves list
Riverside Ocean Grove
64 Wallington Road, Ocean Grove, Victoria 3226, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing and good value mid week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed in a Riverside Pool view room for 2 nights with my two teen girls in early December. We had a queen bed and 2 singles. The beds were very comfy, and although I am a light sleeper, I had a really good nights sleep. The room was spacious, clean, modern and set among a rectangle block of other pool side rooms around the pool and BBQ area.The room had a big bathroom, kitchenette, dining table and sofa, and a deck with small table and chairs facing the pool.The pool was clean and a good size. It was quiet when we were there midweek but I think it could use a few more than the 4 lounges around the pool at busier times, and could get noisy / feel a bit crowded. I rated the service average because it was unobtrusive - check in was quick and effortless, and I saw maintenance man doing some odd jobs about the property, but otherwise had little contact with the staff. Our only problems were a slow draining bathroom sink - which we reported as we departed (probable partial blockage)- and while I liked the open shower cubicle it did make the bathroom floor wet not just in front of the shower but across to the toilet too. These were minor issues in my view, as we had a really relaxing few days in a great location and in accommodation that was great value for money - we purchased at a discount rate on lastminute.com My girls, 14 & 17, loved it. Its alos close to the beach and the shops - a few blocks to each, maybe 10 minute walk. There is a nice little cafe for breakfast or light meals / snacks next door, and a petrol station next to the cafe.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side room with a deck.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Not with the money charged. Room was poorly designed. 3 beds that took up all room when only a queen was booked. Bed really uncomfortable, could sleep. Room dirty with dust, dirt and dead insects. Room advertised with deck looking over pool, it was in a walkway no deck, no view. Pipes so noisy could hear everyone turn on a tap or flush a toilet

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The man at the reception is absolutely rude no manners and defnately no respect!
the roons were not described as they say it was horrible the beds were comfortable but found a couple of bugs in their
yuck the milk was off in the fridge and the aircon was dripping reported this on my first day and NOTHING was done about it never coming back and that was def a weekend in hell
waste of my money!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

What to expect:
The place is only a year old.
All of the units are in a circle and all back onto the swimming pool.
The rooms are small, the beds are in the living area, so not much room to move around. I wouldn't stay here with kids.
The kitchenette only contains: a microwave oven, a toaster and just enough plates, knifes and forks...no oven or cook top...although you can use the two BBQs.
The bathroom is great, a lot of shower pressure.
All in all, average stay for an average price.

Wodonga, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had booked this holiday for my family for 8nights over New Years. I booked a two bed family room and received an email confirming this is what I had booked. He had told me that I only had to book for two adults as my child was only 2yrs old. I paid a deposit of one nights accommodation.
Half way through Dec I rang to see if I needed to pay prior to arriving and confirm as I had not received anything. I then found out they had booked a studio room not a two bed apartment and said there was nothing they could do except provide a single bed for my two year old and this seemed a hassle. He really did not care and did not apologies ones during the conversation just blamed it on someone else. Due to it been so close I just had to take it.
When we got there it was nothing like they had described on the web site no fully inclosed child's playground and where they had us was right where everyone walked in and out so sitting on the chairs out the front was impossible. I cancelled half way through as stuck in a small studio room with a two year old was not fun. They tried to charge me one nights accommodation for cancelling even though they were the ones that stuffed up. They were rude unhelpful and really could not give a crap that they had ruined a family holiday. Not once did they apologies or offer anything to make our holiday better. They really need some tips on running a business and promoting the area as they gave us no information unless you asked. Would not recommend to ANYONE it was really disappointing and they should have the ladies that fill in for them in charge at least they were nice and were happy to help with information about the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
burnie tasmania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Made an online booking for $209 for one night. Manager emailed 4 days later to say that it was a minimum 2 night stay therefore there would be a surcharge of $80 and cost would be $289 rang to query this as no where did it say minimum of 2 nights and after asking to see this in the fine print the manager hung up on me not once but 4 times telling me how tired he was at 9.00 pm not once did he try and direct me to where it supposedly said a minimum of 2nights i was told not to ring back and hassle them again.and he also cancelled the booking. Still awaiting a reply to an email i sent requesting a reply.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I spent two nights here with my boyfriend. The room was impeccable. We found the bed super comfy and the furnishings very pleasing to the eye.

The shower was great and towels were quite fluffy. Very quiet and peaceful.

The manager was very patient with my boyfriend who had trouble operating the remote for the heater (he was pointing it towards the ground, what a duffer!). He was very funny and friendly when we made our booking and did everything to make our stay pleasant, offering plenty of advice on where to eat (Oakdene proved to be a great recommendation - try the wagyu!) and things to do

Excellent value! Thanks Riverside!

P.S. I think the person who wrote the first review was drug affected at the time of writing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Ocean Grove? Share your experiences!