“Great View from The First Floor Balcony” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Nagambie Lakes

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Nagambie Lakes to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Nagambie Lakes
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   277-279 High Street, Nagambie, Victoria 3608, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nagambie
Melbourne, Australia
“Great View from The First Floor Balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in a motel suite on the first floor, with a great view over the Lake. Our room was larger than an average motel room; Queen size bed, settee, table and 2 chairs, bar fridge, and an outdoor setting on the balcony. The bathroom was large with a bath and shower. Contrary to other reviews we found the room of a good, modern standard, clean, with good furnishings and accessories. I understand that rooms are being renovated so perhaps we had one of those. We had looked forward to dining in the in house restaurant which had great reviews, but there had just been a change in ownership and the restaurant was no longer operating at that time, although breakfast was still being served to the rooms. If I had to criticise anything I would suggest to the new management to add appropriate height towel rails in the bathroom. They are at knee height under the basin. The motel is within easy walking distance of all restaurants and a great location to stay within easy reach of many wineries.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

There was a mixup with our booking: it happens, and the staff worked hard so we got a good outcome. The location is superb, right on the edge of the lake, with fantastic water views. The room was roomy and clean, the bed was modern and comfortable. All in all though it is just a fairly standard motel so don't expect too much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very relaxing location on the shores of Lake Nagambie. Approx 75 mins from Melbourne and 20 mins from Shepperton in rural Victoria. Rooms were of a reasonable size, neat, clean and tidy. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Great view from my first storey room overlooking the lake. Attended Nagambie for a Kayaking Regatta. Will happily book in again. Note - 5 min drive to kayak/rowing competition area. Possibly a little bit pricey for the room and location in rural Victoria.

Room Tip: Great base to travel to local wineries, fruit farms around Shepperton. Just over one hour to Tullam...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ballarat
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The bed was comfy and there was a spa bath in the bathroom. Yeah, so the place looked a little bit tired, ie could use a lick of paint, the ceramic tiles could use a decent scrub, crockery and cutlery could be updated... It won't live up to any 4 star resort and was possibly a bit overpriced, but yes, we would stay there again. It was in a fantastic location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant didn't seem to open at all while we were there, which is strange, given it was a long weekend and the hotel was very busy. We didn't have breakfast from the hotel so can't comment on that. We had dinner at the pub just down the road, nice and close for walking. The meal was very nice and reasonably priced, and overlooking the lake was lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Gambier
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's fair to say I was expecting more of the rooms than was actually delivered - I think the previous reviews and online promotions I had looked at were too generous. The was a certain sparseness or worn-ness to the room and verandah that I wasn't expecting; the bathroom is a bit jaded too.
The view over Lake Nagambie made up for other things as it was very pleasant indeed.
The restaurant I had been expecting on the property was closed, seemingly not just for the night, so I'm not sure what's going on there. We had dinner along the street and breakfast in our room.
I would like to say that the charming woman on duty in reception (possibly the owner) was the highlight of the visit. Her easy friendliness and consideration should be compulsory in the hospitality industry!
There is free wifi but it can be a bit iffy in certain parts of the room; at least it is there which is more than many snobbier hotels provide.
I would look at other properties in this region for comparison if I was to travel here again. This property is more than adequate but just not top-shelf.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Templestowe, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a wonderful experience and surprise this jewel only an hour and half from Melbourne is. We were so pleasantly surprised - this place and the managers bent over backwards to make our stay so comfortable and pleasant. The place is immaculate, the pool clean and the vistas from our balcony - just serene. I have stayed in similar style accommodation but never exerienced such friendliness and helpfullness as I have here! What a difference it makes to be greeted by a friendly face and not be made to feel as if any request you may have is a bother to the staff, as has been the case in SO many places. Thanks Sue and hubbie, Karen and family

Room Tip: Recommend one stay on 1st floor - corner rooms if possible (balcony extended) where one gets a lovel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Swan Hill, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm afraid I cant say what this place is like to stay in...although it does look well situated, nice overlooking the lake and in the centre of town. I rang this Comfort Inn back in October, at about 1pm, wishing to make a booking for two nights in Jan 2013 for a wedding. I was promptly told they were very busy and could I ring back in four hours! Needless to say I never rang back. They lost two nights accommodation for two rooms....and I'd never ring back in future. What a shame. I tried the next place on my list, just up the road, and they were very accommodating. We enjoyed every part of our stay there from the first phone call, to when we left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
pilesey, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Nagambie Lakes, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you to Comfort Inn.
Please remember that these comments are reserved for people who actually stayed here!!!

The dates in your PM would co inside with a tour group checking in, and a large conference, running simultaneously.

Travelers are raving about these Nagambie hotels

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Nagambie Lakes? Share your experiences!