“Lacking customer service / rude owner when trying to make reservations.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of JuRo Stables

JuRo Stables
735 Carver Lane, Mount Juliet, TN 37122
615-773-7433
Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Ranch & Farm
US
“Lacking customer service / rude owner when trying to make reservations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I haven't actually been yet but my experience twice now just trying to make reservations has me dreading what I was so looking forward to previously. The owner each time told me they only had a moonlight ride available - this after I told her I had a groupon. She also went on about how the guides are all volunteers as she can't afford to rescue horses and pay staff. That was ok until at the end of the conversation she told me not to forget to bring my tip. I am a good tipper, however, a tip is a choice and should not be forced upon you, especially when you haven't even had the service yet! I am just surprised at the lack of customer service / rudeness. You would think with this being a rescue facility that it would be otherwise since they rely on its customers for financial support.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We purchased multiple Groupons for this place.
The owner was happy to get us scheduled right up until we said that we had a Groupon.
Then, all of a sudden, there were no spaces available.

After pushing the issue a little bit, the lady then screamed at me that she
"only gets $22 for these things, and I can't afford to be running Groupon trips all day".

I offered the opinion that maybe she should not sell the Groupons then, and she responded with "maybe I should mind my own business".

Groupon refunded my money. I have several friends who had also bought the Groupons and received the same treatment.

Don't waste your time.

Visited October 2012
Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
“Love Juro Stables!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've been here a few times, i love it! The guides are so nice and very experienced. They ask you what kind of ride you want, fast, slow, gaited, western, etc. The property is beautiful!!

Visited September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“HORSE LOVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I look at some of the negative reviews and I have to question their authenticity. as a fairly regular customer, I know some basic facts about this place. one, there was no adult male trail guide employed their that fits the description that one complainer described. nearly all the trail guides are teenagers, and the barn manager is an adult female. secondly, when someone says the horses are not well cared for... what do they mean? all the horses are cared for, and if one gets sick or wounded (as happens in a herd) the vet is called and the animal is treated and given time 'off' from working. you can see them grazing in the fields. all the horses are of normal weight... different horse breeds have different body shapes and weights. for example, TN walkers have skinny hindquarters, while quarter horses have fully muscular hindquarters. Draft horses are big and thick.. while other breeds are petite and lean. if you know anything about horses, you know this stuff. anyway, I am a lover of horses, and of this riding facility. there really is no other place in Nashville that offers this kind of horseback riding experience. I am so grateful they exist for people like me who love riding, love horses and nature but cant afford to own my own horse. its my favorite place to bring family and friends visiting Nashville from out of town. its such a great escape from city life. you feel your in the middle of nowhere...yet providence shopping center is less than 5min down the road! what could be more perfect? this regular customer loves this place and every horse I have ridden there... I have my favorites... Cherokee, Buck, Taz, etc.. but I always love meeting a new horse too!

Visited April 2012
Syracuse, New York
7 attraction reviews
“A Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friend and I went horseback riding July 30, 2012 and had a fantastic time! We had a private ride at 6:00pm so it was just the two of us. My horse, Willow, was such a sweetheart. We rode for about an hour through beautiful trails. Do not be deceived as you drive up to the stables. The property is cluttered and looks run down. BUT that is only because these people do everything they can for the horses. ALL the horses are rescues and ALL the money they earn goes straight to the care of the horses NOT to the owners. ALL the guides are volunteers and work for tips. (They expect $7-10 per horse but we did more as we had a great time.) As for the actual ride, it was fantastic. We walked, trotted and even cantered! About halfway through the trip, our guide let us make the loop by ourselves!!! (5 mins). The horses knew where to go so we got to pick our speed (of course we trotted and cantered a bit!) Overall, we had a great time and will be back soon!!

Visited July 2012