“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had an amazing ride. The horses are well cared for. I asked for an intermediate ride and they delivered. The guide was extremely friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go back.

Visited May 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Horses are not properly cared for '”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Went for my last time recently..The horses are not properly cared for and I can't ride a horse knowing this. The place is a dump. The guides are not paid and your must tip..It's a real eye sore..

Visited April 2012
nashville
“Regular customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

first let me say, that I am regular customer for a reason. every experience i have at Juro is different.. each ride, unique in its own way (weather, the horse, other customers..etc). it has been real food for the soul.
the horses all have personalities just like people, and they have good days and bad days, just like people. i have met amazing people from all over the country, beginer riders, and experienced equestrians. the guides at Juro are all volunteers, and do this for the love of the animals, and to let people have a special experience with horses that they might not usually get in the normal everyday lives. many of the horses are rescues that get to have a second life at juro. I have seen the guides work hard to heal rescued horses.. and work hard to teach begininger the 1-2-3's of trail riding. to enjoy the trail rides to the fullest only takes some common sense on the part of the customer: 1) know that these are animals , not an amusement park ride. 2) dress appropriately, long pants and closed toe shoes (no daisy-duke shorts and flip flops) 3) respect that you are on someone else's property, and 4) respect/accept the knowledge the guides are giving you on how to ride. 5) this is a farm, its muddy, its either cold/wet/sunny/hot.. its nature. enjoy it! the trails are full of winding streams, shaded woods, with moss covered rocks, darting deer and wild turkeys!! every season the trails look different. if you are looking for tidy, touristy cheesy experience and expect guarntees..then this is not for you. but if you love nature, animals..and can go with the flow.. you will walk away from this experience richer for having done it. Juro is my favorite place in NASHVILLE TN!!!

Visited March 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Went to the Juro Stables while staying in nearby Hermitage in order to experience some horseback riding while in the States. My then girlfriend was big into horses so this was chosen specially for her. The drive to the stables was actually quite easy and through lovely country roads which was a nice change from the city and highways.

The stables itself as some comments have pointed out is surrounded by random and some scrap objects including the waiting area. Unlike some I actually found it added to the feel of the place. The horses were great as far as I was concerned, although I'm not experienced to really know any different. One girl in our group decided against this and started shouting at her horse and generally throwing a tantrum when it didn't do what she wanted, so the horse decided to drag her through the trees and bushes until the girl started crying. Rather amusing to watch. Treat your horse good and it will treat you good back I guess.

The area where you ride through is a mixture of tree and bush covered trails and open field. The day we were it was approximately 40C (~100F) so bare this in mind if you are considering going during thee summer. It was very hot at times, especially in the open field areas. I will agree the comments that the instructor did ride on ahead at times and couldn't really be heard, but considering the trails we were on, I'm not sure if it could really be done differently.

In the end, the whole experience was really brilliant. Although the trip to Juro Stables was really meant for the girlfriend, it actually ended up being one of the highlights, if not possibly the highlight of the entire US trip for me too. My only regret is that I didn't plan another ride there when we were in the area.

PS: The dog that helps round up the horses after is brilliant. Keep an eye out for him/her if you visit.

Visited July 2011
“Shake down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

The message machine starts with telling you the guides work for tips only. I was reminded of that everytime I called. There are signs everywhere in case you forget by the time you get there. I took my two stepkids and our guide seemed nice at first. He met up with two other guides along the trail and then they took off together and left us alone with instructions to "go that way back to the barn." Obviously the horses knew how to get home but I didn't. I still felt obligated to tip the guide who was waiting for us at the barn...what a surprise. The barn conditions were terrible. The owners seem cheap. Go elsewhere.