“Average Service & Terrible Overcharging Issues” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   565 S Mt Juliet Road, I-40 at Exit 226, Mount Juliet, TN 37122   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mount Juliet
Gibraltar
“Average Service & Terrible Overcharging Issues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

As my good friend Angie mentioned, I was one of the musicians that was charged 'twice' for my paid room. This was my very first time to the US and I have to say that thanks to the inept handling of the situation I found myself without money to even travel for 17 hours back to Gibraltar with. When we first arrived for the weekend we had booked at least three months before, we were faced with a complete mess with the bookings of three rooms. Two of the rooms had been booked on their system for just an overnight stay and then we were meant to change rooms the next day. Luckily, the hotel was almost not at full capacity so it was eventually fixed. The service and housekeeping was good throughout the stay and our jam went brilliantly. I had budgeted my spending money well to last me through what was left of my trip after I left the hotel.....Or so I thought!! I was charged DOUBLE for two rooms which were paid for on my debit card. This completely crushed the last few days I had in the US and as mentioned earlier I had to travel for 17 hours on three separate flights with 10 bucks in my pocket.

This does not end here unfortunately. When I got back to Gibraltar my bank informed me the money had been tied down in limbo and it could take up to 2 weeks for it to go back into my account. This was about £400 by the way.....and surely enough it took the full two weeks for it to return. The most appalling thing is that my bank contacted the hotel as well as I asking that their general manager contact me considering that I had paid enough to not have to pay for an international call. My trip was in May...Guess what?? I'm still waiting on that callback.

All in all, I had a great experience meeting friends I never would have though of meeting but this hotel did a lot of damages to my finances and charged me for money I never signed for. Hopefully they will have some decency to contact me :(

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Kenny R,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's been a while since I have written a review. I have spent the past year traveling to several locations across the country. Due to business I visit the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Juliet, TN frequently and I could not be happier. The rooms are very clean and the continental breakfast is excellent, not to mention the staff is always pleasant, which is why we will continue to use this Holiday Inn in our travels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manager_MJ, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay here in Mount Juliet. We love to see guest walk out with a happy face. Please come and see us soon.
Bartlett, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Spent the night here June 30, 2012. I found the hotel to be very neatly kept, friendly staff and in a great location. Very close to some great restaurants. Price was the norm for the Holiday Inn Express chain. During breakfast I noticed an employee taking down the globes for the light fixtures so he could clean them. This is an example of the effort they put forth in keeping the hotel clean for the guests. Breakfast was very good and the staff kept the food well stocked. The room was very, very clean and had a pleasant odor. I will stay here again in the future while in the Nashville area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_MJ, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and having a great stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to achieve more than beyond in our services. Yes it's a beautiful hotel and we all appreciate working here. It's like home and we hope you felt the same. Please come back and see us soon.

If any thing we can do for you please contacted the hotel directly and speak to FDM or GM. We will be glad to help. Thanks again for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Mt. Juliet, TN.

Aurora, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

A large group of us met at the hotel for a music jam weekend. My room was clean and beautiful. Housekeeping did an amazing job every day. The staff was great in taking care of our needs. I was disappointed that the fitness center was awaiting new equipment, and the old equipment was taken out. I was planning to use it. Although I did not consider it in my rating because it did not happen to me, two of my friends had issues with the hotel double charging on their debit cards and tying up their funds. Personally, I only use regular credit cards when traveling to avoid these issues. However, I did consider that I saw how the staff treated one of my friends and thought it could have been handled nicer. Loved the fact that the hotel is near lots of shopping including a grocery store.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us and having a great stay during the Jam music City week. We also had a great time listening to all the wounderfull music. We appreciate your comments and hope to achieve more than beyond in our services. Yes we did have to replace our fitness area instruments due to safety reason. It was best for our guest. The product was shipped from out of country and the first shipment was shipped to the incorrect location. That is the reason why it had takened a long time. However it is up and going now. We hope to see you again next year. Please come back and see us soon.

Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The room itself was large, beautiful, and very clean.
That aside... The front desk rarely had someone at the desk ready to help. We found ourselves at some points waiting 15-30 minutes at the front desk for any service. We had stayed awake until the wee hours of the morning, because it was our only night in town, and were awoken with the rest of the hotel at 8:30am when housekeeping began their rounds of knocking on doors and checking if rooms were empty or in need of service. I should not need a "do not disturb: sleeping" sign on my door to not be woken at 8:30am. Reguardless, if i had put up a do not disturb sign i would have still been woken by the commotion. They, yet again, made another round of the hotel at 10am. A much more suitable time, but yet again, i do not have to check out until 11am and would have liked to not feel pressured to rush to check out.
If you are an early bird or a heavy sleeper this is truly a beautiful hotel, if you are very self reliant and need nothing from the staff other than check in and check out it is a wonderful option, otherwise it is probably not the best choice for a vacation or business stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Kiersten_000,

Thank you for the candid review of our property. I am pleased you liked the room. However, I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered concerning housekeeping and front desk staff. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I held the Nashville Music City Jam at this hotel and we were blown away. The staff was wonderful and the hotel accommodations were superb. I'd give 100000 stars if I could...that's how great everything was! We couldn't have been happier! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying with us and having a great stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to achieve more than beyond in our services. We enjoyed your group. They were fun and amazing. Yes it's a beautiful hotel and we all appreciate working here. It's like home and we hope you felt the same. Hope to see you next year!

Blacksburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Chose to stay at this hotel because of the location on the outside of town, but still close to great shopping and friends. I was looking forward to celebrating a relatives birthday for the weekend. At check-in, we got the keys to our room and noticed we only had one bed for three people... that won't work! I returned to the front desk to request a room with two doubles, but they were unwilling to make any changes - offered a rollaway. When the rollaway was brought to us, it was simply placed in the room - no one put it together for us! The more I thought about the situation and it wasn't our mistake but the hotel's mistake, I requested that we not have to pay for the rollaway, but the front desk agent nor the General Manager was willing to take off the charge. Being a hotel employee myself, I would NEVER treat a guest in the way we were treated. The entire staff was very unfriendly. Guests are just people revolving through the doors to them, not everyday heroes as guests should be treated. If traveling, please look for another hotel and bypass this location!

Room Tip: Make sure you are traveling with someone you are willing to share a bed with, otherwise you will end...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager_MJ, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Hello

First of all we are sorry to here that you had a terrible stay at this hotel.

As an employee at another hotel, you are aware of the employee rate policy and how it's a benifit/privledge to the employee that should not be abused. Your reservation was made as a CSTN, which you should be aware of, and for those that do not, it means you book a standard room and you get what is avalialbe at that time when you check in. We did acknowledge your request, but not a guareented request that we can not offer if not available for getting two beds. That weekend there was an event going on in Nashville city area, where the whole city was sold out four weeks in advance. Therefore, we tried our best to offer you an employee rate with a room that best accomandated you and your family. Your guest inhouse traces showed you had 2 people and a child. Therefore the room that was given to you was accomandating 3 people. You did not state that you had 3 adults in the room. At the same time, when you came back to the FD for the request of a double bed, you were speaking to the GM. The GM checked you in and also told you that " We are sorry but we do not have any Doubles room avalialbe, but we would be glad to give you a rollaway bed that would be a cost of $10.00 per day. Which you had agreed upon. As an employee you must be aware that you were told in advance for what you were getting in your room and we did appologize. Yes, when the rollaway bed was delievered it was just placed in the room in a corner and not made, because of saftey reason. We would prefer for the guest to decide where they would like to place the bed, so that it will not hurt anyone in the room. So we do appologize that was a concern to you, however, those are IHG hotel policies. As an employee you should be aware that we do stay under IHG policies and hope you understand that. During your check out, you were speaking to the FDM of the hotel. She clearly expalined to you the whole situation, and made contact immediatley with the GM to verifly that your stay was accurate and you were not mistreated.

With all said, I do believe your review is incorrect and hope you can correct this for this hotel, because all staff were friendly and tried to satisfly your request. Hope when you travel other Holiday Inn products you respect there policies.

We do appreciate every guest that stays with us and they are our everyday heroes. They do return and enjoy staying with us for our service.

Thanks

Comfort Suites Lebanon
#1 of 13 in Lebanon
4.5 of 5 stars 188 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Juliet-Nashville Area? Share your experiences!