“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 - 101 Tanti Avenue, Mornington, Victoria 3931, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mornington
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Brooklands is very good value for money and only a 10 - 15 min leisurely walk ( 2 mins by car) to the main shopping / restaurant strip and beach. We stayed in a studio suite which are fairly new, well appointed, spacious and clean with off street parking and the motel also has a guest pool & gym . The staff were very friendly and efficient with the check out time on a Sunday being 11 a.m which is good. The things that could have been better were... some visitor information in the room in regard to local restaurants, markets or things to do in Mornington would be helpful and the TV was not "cable" or even "Digital" so missed some of the Olympic coverage and had poor reception on some channels. These were only minor items so, based on my stay this Motel is very good value for money and I would be happy to return. Mornington township itself is in a great central location... not far from Melbourne, near the wineries in Red Hill etc and has some great little restaurants, cafes and shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western PL... B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Cary,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations with our suites and hotel facilities.

I'm sorry that you were not able to find more information of the local area in your suite. Our Front Office team have plenty of materials on hand and local knowledge, as well as an Info Area in our Reception Area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Plus Brookland of Mornington in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The brook lands is simply a lovely motel. Well placed in mornington amongst beautiful gardens with rooms as nice as you'll find anywhere in Australia. I love this place and it has the rare privelage of being about the only hotel I look forward to staying in as a business traveller. My only fault is sometimes the service at check in lacking especially if you arrive late.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear NickB1979,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We endevour to provide each guest with a great stay and fantastic customer service.

If there is anything that you would like to share with us regarding your late check in experience, please feel free to email at info@brooklandsofmornington.com.au.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback.
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Clean tidy room, friendly staff in a great spot, 5 min walk from restaurants and shops

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western PL... B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed for 1 night (Saturday) and were upgraded to the new studio suites. We had travelled from NE Victoria to Queenscliff and across on the seaferry with our car to Sorrento and then explored along the Peninsular. We chose this Motel as we are reward members. It was a very new and quiet room which was was on the ground level. This saved us a walk with our luggage up the stairs.There was an outside door and once inside there were entrances to two Motel rooms, a feature which added to the privacy and security.The room was large and luxurious. There was a kitchenette with a microwave. Everything was catered for except some information on where to get some meals delivered from outside resturants. Most Motels offer a page in the welcome book that is in the room.After a long drive we did not want to venture out again and rather eat in the comfort of the room. I found a phone book in one of the drawers and after a few phone calls did find somewhere that could deliver to us. Checkout on Sundays is 11am (other days 10am) so we made use of the extra time to enjoy relaxing before continueing on our journey. The Motel is not on the esplanade but not far from it. We really enjoyed the Mornington Peninsular coastline.I would reccommend this Motel to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Good morning we at Best Western Plus Brooklands of Mornington would like to thank you for your review and hope that we will see you again soon. Sorry you did not find the list of resturants which are in the draw, also we would have guilded you if you had rang front counter on 9. We do take all feed back to our staff meetings so we can make our guests stay memorable.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We booked a King Deluxe room for my sisters 50th at Mornington. On arrival from Adelaide we were advised we had been upgraded to a Studio Room. I am very fussy about accommodation and could not fault the quality and cleanliness of the room. The fantastic accommodation topped off a fantastic weekend in this beautiful part of Victoria. Would definitely book here if ever staying in or around Mornington again!

Room Tip: Had a studio room - did not see any other rooms. Dined out so did not use the restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western PL... B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in the quality and cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great room! Bed was very comfortable, pillows could have been better though. Good sized room, very clean. The kitchenette was also very good, and would be perfect for someone who is staying a few days. Overall fantastic accommodation particularly for the price. A huge negative I found were the people in reception, they were rude and intimidating, definitely people I would not like to deal with often, friendly receptionists would be much more welcoming!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulMornington, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thankyou for your feed back but with no name. Can not address the review as do not know when you stayed.
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Potentially a nice hotel but can be ruined by the attitude of the manager.
I booked a room for the night after my daughters' wedding, 9 April. When I arrived I was told that I had booked a room for the day before, the 8 April, and I would have to pay for another room as I had failed to show on the 8th. I pulled out my handwritten notes that I had taken when I booked and along with the price and confirmation number there I had written 9 Apr. I suggested that it was very unlikely that I would have booked the wrong day as my daughters' wedding had been set on that day for the last 15 months. I had discussed the wedding group that I was joining with the receptionist which was also booked in for the 9th!
Having moved up from the receptionist to the manager, I found her to be very abrupt and extremely rude. She would not come to talk to me at the reception desk but shouted at me from the office behind.
I suggested that if they had sent a confirming email we could have resolved the anomaly earlier, so she said that I had not left an email address. Later I found an email from the hotel sent on the morning of the 9th reporting me as a no show and would be charged, which confirmed that I had left an email address.
I refused to descend to the level of the managers appalling rudeness, and remained calm and polite, only when I requested the contact details of Head office was the extra charge dropped.
Anyone reading this report will wish to weigh the credibility of each report, so it might be helpful to point out that as a British Airways captain I am very familiar with both hotels and customer service.
You might be lucky here, there are some very good staff, but if you have dealings with the manager expect to be disappointed.
Good luck!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PaulMornington, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thankyou for your feed back l must say two sides to a story and you did not get charge anymore for not booking on the right night .

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Brooklands of Mornington? Share your experiences!