I came here for two nights over New Years and we had one of the best times in a hotel in many years for many reasons.
Firstly it was a very easy drive up from Melbourne and it took 2.5 hours from the inner city and we arrived in an area that was so beautiful it was breathtaking.
The hotel itself is surrounded by vineyards and made you feel you were far away from it all and set to have a very relaxing mini-break. The hotel is not huge by any means nor is it luxe and designer but the main thing that sets this place up as being fantastic were the staff.
The General Manager Amanda and her team made our stay memorable and relaxing. They were absolutely lovely and we would have no hesitation recommending the hotel to anyone.
We have a 4 month old baby so we chose a Garden Vineyard view room and it was wonderful. The little trickle of water sound from the fountains at the front of the room was relaxing and then the view was very special. Right in the vineyard almost. Our room was very large with plantation shutters opening so the outside was easily accessible and we sat out the front having a few wines we bought from Sam Miranda - perfect.
The bed was huge and comfortable and there was a nice selection of mini bar items at reasonable prices. The bathroom was functional and tidy and the room was painted in a very relaxing yellow which really complemented the vineyard setting.
The restaurant was also fantastic. Usually when you see a $35 price tag I get a bit iffy as we pay this amount for top restaurants in Melbourne yet the food was outstanding. We had the duck, the eye fillet, the polenta and those blue cheese croquettes were delicious as was the cheese platter we had as well for dessert. On New Years we had a fantastic dinner and we can't recommend it enough. We ordered room service the next day and the buffet breakfast is of one of the highest standards I have recently had. So much selection and filled you up for ages.
The pool area was great as we arrived on a 35 degree day and it was clean, a decent size with umbrellas to shade you from the sun. The sauna was also a great addition. We loved all the Sidney Nolan artworks in the restaurant foyer area and there were kitsch artworks throughout the hotel. The reading room with the fireplace would be perfect in winter and this is when we will be coming back!
Overall an amazing little country hotel full of charm with great service from all the staff and management. From the restaurant staff to cleaners to reception it was world class. And I am one picky woman!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lindenwarrah Country House Hotel and Vineyard, at Milawa in Victoria’s north east, has set a new standard for guests on Victoria’s gourmet trail. Located in the Milawa Gourmet region and opposite Brother’s Winery & Epicurean Centre, Lindenwarrah is a unique blend of Australian country-style hospitality and international sophistication. The 40 individually decorated guest rooms are complemented by stylish lounges, sunny courtyards, soothing fountains, a vast rooftop terrace, fragrant gardens and an invigorating pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lindenwarrah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindenwarrah Hotel Milawa
- Lindenwarrah Milawa, Victoria