After driving from South Australia in heat wave temperatures, we were hot and bothered and tired, and fantacising about a dream motel with a pool in a picturesque setting. We were disappointed when we arrived at the place we'd booked into, and more disappointed when we were told that there was a problem and we had to stay elsewhere.
That was until we sighted our alternate accommodation, The Grampians Motel. It is set back from the road on tree dotted grassy acreage with kangaroos and birds around, has a pool with 360 degree views of the hills and an excellent restaurant and bar. We were extremely happy with our clean, well appointed and cool room, from which we could watch the busy blue fairy wrens and the occasional kangaroo. Additionally, we enjoyed excellent service and a delicious breakfast and dinner at the restaurant Chris and Jeff were extremely hospitable and helpful and made our stay such a pleasure. It was great to be able to relax in the pool and soak up the scenery and atmosphere after a busy day travelling and bush walking. We were so pleased our original booking didn't work out as we are convinced we had a much better experience in Hall's Gap at The Grampian's Motel. Thanks Chris and Jeff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grampians Motel & "The Views", Cafe, Bar & Restaurant in Halls Gap, Victoria is nestled in a peaceful valley. The Grampians Motel offers affordable and comfortable accommodation, central to the spectacular Grampians National Park. The motel is situated on 12 acres of parkland with abundant wildlife roaming freely. You will enjoy unsurpassed views of the majestic Wonderland and Mt William Mountain Ranges, inviting you to climb and explore. The Grampians Motel is complimented by "The Views" Cafe, Bar & Restaurant offering very affordable and delicious meals throughout the day.The Motel & Restaurant are within walking distance to Brambuk Cultural Centre, World Class Adventure Golf, Lake Bellfield, local cafes, restaurants and is well situated to discover the numerous attractions that Halls Gap and the Grampians have to offer. This is a fantastic place to forget the stresses of your busy life, sit back,relax and enjoy spending a little self time, in the harmony of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grampians Motel Halls Gap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grampians Hotel Halls Gap
- Grampians Motel Halls Gap