“Good family option” 5 of 5 stars

245 Grampians Road, Halls Gap, Victoria 3381, Australia   |
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Good family option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Halls Gap Log Cabins, with a number of other family members booking other cabins, as we were celebrating a family event. The place was clean, well situated, with a pool and play equipment for young children. The cabins are comfortable and easy to use, not luxury but all you would need after a days walk. The Kitchen facilities were perfectly adequate. A mob of kangaroos took advantage of the spacious field directly behind the cabins and had no fear of humans. The owner (Bard) was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely go back.
Generally speaking about Halls Gap, i would suggest stocking up on food and drink prior to getting to the Grampians, as local options are more limited.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed for one night in the peace and serenity of Halls Gap, and Halls Gap Log Cabins was a great place to do so. I was met with a lovely, friendly reception by the owners and they were very helpful with information about the local area. The 1-bedroom cabin I stayed in was clean and equipped with kitchen facilities, and I enjoyed using the wood fireplace and spa bath to warm up and relax on a winter's night. And nice to be in amongst nature with the trees and kangaroos right next to the cabin. Great for a relaxing night away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Halls Gap Log Cabins. It was fantastic, together with friends we had a 2 bedroom cabin both with Queen size bed. The log fire set guaranteed a lovely atmosphere. Very clean, well appointed and comfortable. Kangaroos at our doorstep. We would recommend to anyone. Close to central Hals Gap. Very friendly and helpful management. Hope to return one day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manukau, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed in cabin no.8 in April 2013 for two nights and it was memorable.

The property is about 2km south of the town centre in a very quiet location. The cabins are laid out in a circle with a children's playground and a beautiful pool in the middle - a bit chilly in late April for a dip but it must look very inviting in summer!
The cabins are very nicely decorated and furnished and we couldn't fault anything. We really enjoyed having the kangaroos around all day and a large grassy area out the back is where most of them were - some wandered happily through the grounds of the property every now and then.
On morning I woke up and looked out the kitchen window and counted 31 roos in the one view!!!

Across the grassy area at the back of the property is a wide track that leads south through the bush for about 900 metres to the park visitor centre. There are great mountain views from the property.

The owners are very talkative and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I hope to return in a couple of years and am planning a four night stay - I wouldn't stay anywhere else as I thought this place was special.

Room Tip: Rooms 6&7 have floor to ceiling windows at the back of the cabins and some outdoor furniture - i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Linga, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

If you want somewhere to stay in Halls Gap, look no further! This place is EXCELLENT!
Ticked all the boxes I wanted in an over night stay.
•Friendly Hosts - Genuinely the friendliest couple I have ever encountered on my stays! They even made the effort to remember mine and my husbands names, even though they didn't meet my husband during this stay!
•Clean and Facilitated Log Cabin - One of the cleanest! I wante to stay in a log cabin as I'd always seen them on trips to Halls Gap. These were cosy, quaintly decorated, with a large spa, fire, and reverse cycle heating!
•Wildlife Interaction - Kangaroos came right up to our cabin! In the morning when we woke, we opened the curtains from our bedroom and watched them, and the emus having their breakfast! Brilliant!
I highly recommend Halls Gap Log Cabins, and will be back, with the kids!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great service and great feel overall. Would definitely come back. Even though the weekend was rained out the cabin we were in were nice and comfortable so much so that we still had a pretty good time.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been here the last two summers, and plan on going back this winter.
It is such a beautiful location, you can head out your back door and walk strait into national parks, feed the wildlife.. It's perfect.
The owners are delightful and the town is quaint.
While the cabins are not fancy and modern, most have a great spa, a fire place, are spacious and fully equipped. They are clean and homely.
Perfect for any occasion. Big fan.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Halls Gap Log Cabins? Share your experiences!