“Avoid at all costs.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Frankston Motor Inn

Frankston Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Frankston
Frankston Motor Inn
You added Frankston Motor Inn to your Saves list
406 Nepean Hwy, Frankston, Victoria 3199, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Frankston
Hobart
“Avoid at all costs.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Good grief, what can I say about this place other than DON'T DO IT!!!! Turn around and go to ANY of the other Motel's in the area. Heck, sleep on the beach if you need to. I guarantee it will be better than this place.

After booking a couple of nights through an online booking service, I ventured in and checked in. That should have been my first hint. When I was asked how I wanted to pay. Ummm, hello?? I already paid when I booked online.

Next was the room - if you could call it that. It was reasonably spacious, but that's the ONLY thing it had going for it. The room itself had been cleaned in a half-effort kind of way. The tea & coffee making facilities had been rinsed rather than washed, the floor hadn't been vaccuumed and the table was so unstable I was reluctant to sit my car keys down for fear it would collapse. There was no alarm clock, phone or bible in the room and there was actually a hole in one of the walls.

On the back of the door was a sign suggesting that if you were staying more than a single night (a rarity no doubt) a request needed to be lodged with reception to have the room made up. Based on how I found the room, needless to say I didn't bother.

The next incident was the following day, whilst I was enjoying myself at a bucks event, I get a phone call to say I've left all my things in the room. That's the idea, I'm staying two nights remember? This information was questioned and it took a bit of prompting from me for them to actually check (perhaps it's just unheard of that anyone would actually stay a second night) and confirm what I was saying was correct.

The final thing (which isn't that much of a big deal but it was still an irritant) was the cleaning staff wanting to enter the room BEFORE I had checked out. Hang on, until I give the key back I'm responsible so you can just wait til I'm done thanks very much.

In short I would recommend you NEVER EVER EVER stay at the Frankston Motor Inn. I

Worst Accommodation EVER

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Kathymundy, Manager at Frankston Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
We have recently taken over management of the Motel and can assure clients that old reveiws have been read and changes have been made. Kathy Mundy, Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
gold coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Opened up door to room and met by disgusting smell.
Saw the headboard on queen bed and as others have stated, totally disgusting!!
Dont even want to guess what those stains are......
We could not sleep in either bed so slept with own pillow and sleeping bag
and gave a car rug to friend to sleep with.
Paid $95 per night yet has advertised out front $69 per night.
No winder on window had to hand close with fingers clawing at frame to
close.
Very difficult to get money back as booked thru website and was told unable to
refund, have stayed at many motels, even overseas and this is the worse I have
come across.
This is a self rated motel as told by wotif.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

Really Awful motel, was amazed really at how bad it was, i shared a room with my brother and it had 2 single beds and a queen, the queen bed had a fixed headboard that had so many stains and marks on and i dread to think what they were. the bathroom had mould and a bad odour, and was dirty. there was a toaster in the room and i feared for my health as it contained so much debris and dirt i was shocked that they would consider keeping. a shocking place

• Stayed November 2009
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

We arrived later in the evening to checkin for one night and I should have known what a joke this place was when after enquiring about the menu for breakfast we were asked to quite literally get our own!!! The man at the reception desk led us into the '''kitchen''' to actually prepare our own breakfast tray - get things from this cupboard, go to the fridge to find a 'fresh' milk, take your bread from the freezer!!!!! We couldn't believe it - and we hadn't even entered our room. Let's see.... bathroom door didn't close (jammed), no HEATING!!! Couldn't turn on the shower taps without getting soaked, no exhaust fan in the bathroom (which would probably explain the rot in the bathroom 'vanity'. We had 2 lights on and then switched on the TV - IT BLEW A FUSE. He told us not to turn on more than 1 light at a time. Well .need I continue..... !!!!!

I would be embarrassed to admit to a friend that we actually still stayed - but we had no other option at the late hour. MOST DEFINITELY WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND - PHLA !!! - SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

total dump...........................
On arriving after a long trip from Canberra we were shown to our room by a man who straight away showed us the sign above the toilet which said, please hold the left hand button down for more than 3 seconds, he explained that if you didn't do this the toilet continued to run, but don't worry about it because there are two doors you can close so you don't hear it, he also said he had been a bit lazy and would fix it the day after while we were out........ which he didn't and we were there for 3 days....

In the 3 days we stayed there, not once did anyone service our room, never got fresh towels, never had the rubbish bins emptied, didn't have a hair dryer or iron and ironing board in the room as advertised, the bedding and towels smelt musty, we used a towel we had taken with us and a blanket we had in the car.

The room its self was filthy, the windows and window sills were mouldy, curtains held up with string and filthy, we opened cupboards to find insects and spare parts like smoke alarms which were not fitted in the ceiling, spare door knobs ect, the knob on the vanity fell off in our hand when we opened the door, my husband decided to run the spa (after cleaning it ) to find only 2 jets working and blowing out filthy dirt and grime that had built up in the pump I guess......... a huge health hazard that would spread disease, shower plug hole blocked with hair. There was brown fluid and food scrapes splashed up the walls near the fridge, filth on the walls, only half the lights worked, huge amount of paint missing off the doors and surrounds.

We noticed that the ceiling fans in the bathroom and toilet were groaning loudly, when we looked up the fan covers were covered in spiderwebs and dirt, hardly any gap for air flow, the plumbing was extremely loud when ever you used the hot tap.

Well I could go on for ever, we have stayed in many motels and have been very happy in the past, this place needs a visit from the health inspector it leaves FAULTY TOWERS for dead.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filth
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Having travelled and stayed at many Motels this would have to the worst. Makes faulty towers look like a 5 star palace. Old food sprayed on walls, toilet not clean, plug in shower blocked with hair, food scraps in draws, where do I stop and the Manager could not cared at all.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Condition and cleanliness of room & clientell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wagga Wagga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Absolutely disgusting, pillowcases looked used, bath mat in shower was mildewed. No room service, no telephone. Would never recommend this motel even to my worst enemy

Stayed March 2008

Been to Frankston Motor Inn? Share your experiences!