“Really consistent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 60 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Thai
“Really consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We live not far away and this restaurant has been always very reliable, with tasty food of very good quality. The dishes are always consistent and for me that marks highly as you don't want to be disappointed on a revisit when ordering the same dish again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Piyada Thai is a good place to go if you live local. Mostly for lack of options it is still worth the effort if cooking at home feels to big a challenge. The food can be good, sometimes even very good but you will mostly finish with the taste of mediocre in your mouth. The eastern suburbs of Melbourne beyond the Box Hill Asian scene is a vast gapping hole of underwhelming options overly priced. Although never terrible, little to rave about!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The taste of Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Came across a new (for me) Thai Restaurant in Croydon, while out walking the dogs recently and convinced my husband to have a meal there. We chose a week day and were the only sit-down customers in the restaurant, even though they seemed to be doing a roaring trade in the take-away side. We chose dishes that we usually have in order to make a fair comparison. The satay sticks were pleasant enough but the sauce was a little dry and not enough to go round and the small spring rolls seemed to be the same as the ones I buy from the supemarket, I will eat them at home but when I am paying for them at a restaurant, house made does usually comes up trumps. My mains was Red Duck curry, also tasty but nothing out of the ordinary, and I swear there was MSG in the meal, my husband had Pad Cha with mixed seafood, he said he enjoyed his meal. The service was polite and swift accompanied by that signature Thai smile, prices are reasonable. I'v eaten better, but also much worse. Licensed and BYO wine only

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“One of my favourite places EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is by far the best Thai I have ever eaten.

I actually dream about this place. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it is quality food.

The food is served so fast you can hardly blink and it is so tasty and fresh.

I have been back 5 times now and plan to keep going back. However, I always order the same dish. Every time. It's just so good I can't bear trying anything else. I have had samples of my friends food, but it's always the satay beef entre that I return to!

The desserts are tip-top as well!

There is no outdoor seating but the place is well air-conditioned and comfortable.

You can make bookings but as it is a small place I'd recommend you don't have a big group because your food will not come out at the same time.
Have max 6 to all really enjoy yourselves.

Drink prices are really reasonable too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Middle of the Road Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was ok I still think that Payom Thai has the edge in Vermont prices were middle range the Tom Yum was nice but again my yard stick is Payom the stir fry dishes seemed to all be the same. It was loud and a little cramped in the actual restaurant. The staff provided a good service and were friendly.

• Visited October 2012