“Weekend in a room with a Kitchen” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Forest Resort Creswick

You added Novotel Forest Resort Creswick to your Saves list
Novotel Forest Resort Creswick
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Midland Highway, Creswick, Victoria 3363, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Creswick
Melbourne, Australia
“Weekend in a room with a Kitchen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Novotel Forest Resort Creswick was magnificent in its setting, snuggled in a massive pine forest and surrounded closely by eucalypts. The Staff were magnificent, obliging and prompt. The room was basic but spatious. The kitchen was adequate but the utensils, facilities such as a coffee plunger were non-existent. The room had a TV and an ability to purchase cable movies but no DVD player. The Resort featured a golf course and forest walk. The forest walk was not signed, but instead you were forced to follow a map and subsequently a few arrows to walk across the golf course, being careful not to get hit by a stray ball. The Restaurant food was tasty and plentiful. The Staff would perhaps tempt us to return but management could do so much more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas S, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Forest Resort Creswick, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Russell166,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed the hotel's setting, the Creswick Forest provides the freshest of backgrounds as well as the unbeatable country air.

I have passed on your comments to the rest of the management team and we will be reviewing the signage of the forest walk.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

Thomas Schleehahn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A typical Novotel although this one is about 4 years old it is already starting to show lack of maintenance, the room was pretty standard except for the first time in any hotel that I have been to, the bathroom comes with a corner shower which had the shower head coming from the ceiling and the taps on the wall so the only way to turn on the shower was to get hit by a cold blast of water, A completely rusted shower plug outlet, which at first I thought was a blob of hair was most concerning then finding mould in the shower didn’t help either and please don’t drop the soap this shower is very small. You definitely need are car to stay here as this would allow you to eat somewhere else as the only dining in is going to cost you minimum $59 per person for either buffet or 2 course al la carte plus extra for drinks (they are the only 2 choices you have). The swimming pool is small and can get very crowed very quick. The one thing going for this Novotel is its staff all very friendly and willing to help when needed. As I always say would I come back again to this Novotel – No Way!

Dear Accorhotels.com traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I find it most concerning to read that your shower was in the condition that you have mentioned, please know that this is not the standard that our bathrooms are usually in, and I hope that if you chose to stay with us again this would not be the case.

In regards to the dining options, you are correct that our Harvest 383 restaurant offers either a set two course or three course option, however this is not the only option for dinner. The Springs Bar and Terrace is open from 11am daily and is able to provide guests of all ages with different meal options, most of which are significantly "lighter" than the hearty a la carte option. We also have an excellent room service option should our guests prefer to dine in the privacy of their own rooms.

I'm glad to read that you have encountered the friendliness and attentiveness of our team, I find that it is not just the afternoon sun that adds warmth to this hotel, it also comes from the smiles and affectionate manner in which we tend to all of our guests needs.

I hope that I will be able to see more of you and your family stay with us in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at this resort. The rooms were nice and spacious with good sized kitchen and living area. Perfect for 2 couples. Bathrooms a tad small but nothing major. Having the large freestanding baths in the bedrooms is a nice touch. Wish we'd had more time to explore the grounds and enjoy the bar and restaurant!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Jkbeatson,

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review about your time with us at the Forest Resort!

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your time with us; I agree that one night is not enough! When you next choose to stay with us I hope that you are able to take the opportunity to dine in our signature restaurant, Harvest 383, where our philosophy of "harvesting" produce within a 383km radius ensures that all of our guests are only receiving the freshest (and tastiest!) of meals.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Forest soon, hopefully for a longer stay!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked 2 rooms ( 2 x 2 adults). Fantastic rooms with great views of the gold course. Being an Accor Club Member, I was fortunate to have been given an upgrade and were able to check in early, both of which were greatly appreciated. The 2 men enjoyed a round of golf and we followed this by having high tea. Unfortunately this was the worst I have experienced and I would suggest you give it a miss (couldn't find the fillings in the sandwiches and the worst scones on earth - could not eat them as they were like rockcakes). We did enjoy our dinner and breakfast. The surrounds are beautiful even during our dry summer months. The staff were wonderful, especially Faye who gave wonderful, friendly service during breakfast. We have now stayed here on 4 occassions and will return again and would happily recommend to others.

Room Tip: Families and children are most welcome and well catered for.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear phenste,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us at the Forest Resort, I'm thrilled to read that you have witnessed the friendly and attentive service of our team, and I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager about Faye. Faye takes a lot of pride in her work and I personally believe that the breakfast buffet would not be the same without her smile and warmth.

I am however quite concerned with your mention on the High Tea, usually it is served with the utmost delicious sweet and savoury dishes. I will be following up with our Executive Chef about the feedback that you have given us as I would hope that all future guests would be able to experience the fresh and tantalising goods our brigade love to deliver.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I am looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Forest again soon!

Bendigo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

As golfers we chose Creswick for the facilities that were on offer. What a choice!

We were impressed by the friendly service and the excellent dining choices.
Being the Australia Day weekend we were delighted to see the number of well behaved young families who were sharing the experience.
Regardless of your level of activity Novotel Creswick offers abundant and excellent facilities and choices.
( confused by the intent of the question relating to "rooms")

Dear etphill,

I cannot thank you enough for sharing your feedback with us about your stay at the Novotel Forest Resort!

Our PGA Championship golf course really is one of the most enjoyable and popular features of staying at this resort, with each different hole presenting new challenges and the natural fauna presenting a fantastic backdrop to showcase our local Forest.

I trust that we will see more of you and your family with us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The golf course was tough for novices however we had a ball. We loved the resort. The staff were professional and attentive. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner in the restaurant and a lovely bikkie in the morning. I would and have recommended the resort to our friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle176,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to read that guests have enjoyed their stay, and I'm glad to hear that you took on our PGA Championship golf course!

Designed by Tony Cashmore, it really is a fantastic course for people of all different skills; as it turns out, I'm actually not very good at the sport myself, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy taking a buggy out there and trying my hardest to beat my friends and coworkers whenever I can!

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to the Forest again soon!

Thomas Schleehahn

Been to Novotel Forest Resort Creswick? Share your experiences!