“Fabulous B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Freeman on Ford B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beechworth
Freeman on Ford B&B
You added Freeman on Ford B&B to your Saves list
97 Ford Street | 5 Star Accredited Please Put Stars of Five Stars, Beechworth, Victoria 3747, Australia   |
Special Offer
Autumn Special
Ranked #3 of 15 Beechworth B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I were welcomed like old friends to Heidi and Jim's fabulous B& B. We stayed in the huge Silver Room with the most amazing ensuite bathroom. We were able to sit outside our room on the verandah sipping sparling wine ......overlooking the pool. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and Heidi and Jim even bought us a beautiful photo frame. The cooked breakfast was great and cooked perfectly. Heidi and Jim ensure you feel welcome and attention to detail is wonderful. Thanks again Heidi and Jim for making our stay in Beechworth so amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay. Whilst we didn't see them, we think the older, upstairs rooms would have more of a historic feel than the newer downstairs "deluxe" room. Overall, the service was attentive, the breakfast was impressive and the attention to detail in the rooms was great - Country Road towels, Sheridan sheets, Nespresso coffee machine...

The restaurant is also right across the road from the best restaurant in town, which is a must in and of itself.

• Stayed March 2013
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend and it was fantastic. The rooms are beautifully appointed with everything you could possible need and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfasts are really good, cooked to order perfectly and you have the choice of being in the dining room with other guests or sitting on the back terrace overlooking the pool. The pool is solar heated so it was lovely to have a dip before going out for dinner (at Provenance across the road, not to be missed). The ,location is right in the centre of town, very quiet and accessible to all of Beechworth which is a lovely town in NE Victoria. Would definitely stay here again as it is real luxury and very personal with wonderful attention to detail even down to the chocolates and port left out at night in the sitting room. This is the place to stay in Beechworth!!!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are lovely and very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi1323, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for such high praise. It is fantastic that we are recognised ans we hope to continue to always have such high standards, sincerely, Heidi and JIm, owners
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Heidi and Jim's, Fabulous- Freeman on Ford B&B in Beechworth this past weekend to attend 'A Day on the Green' at Rutherford. From the moment we secured a booking nothing was too much trouble. A mini bus was arranged to take us to the event, on arrival we enjoyed the most delicious scones, jam and cream and tea in a beautiful silver pot and even upgraded us to their 'Lakeside Chalet' as my broken foot made climbing stairs difficult. Breakfast the next morning was generous and delicious and their company and conversation made us feel like we were among friends. Next time I am bringing more of my own friends to enjoy the beautiful B and B.

Room Tip: The rooms were beautiful decorated in period decor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed one nice at this fabulous B&B. The owners treated all their guests like old friends come to stay, and - since I was travelling alone - this friendly environment made for a wonderful visit where I got to know some of the other guests over the most amazing breakfast. The rooms are beautiful and the pool area straight out of a more glamourous past. Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The few days I stayed at Freemon on Ford was the first time I had been away in several months. Staying in the luxury and grandeur that is Freemon on Ford was exactly what I needed. From the moment you walk through the front door the hosts, Heidi and Jim, make you feel at home with family. The attention to detail put into the renovation of the bank is extraordinary and shows their love for what they do. It has been many years since I was last in Beechworth and for me it was in the perfect location to re-explore the town. In between enjoying the incredible eateries this quaint country town has to offer and hiking around the gorge, I relaxed in the immaculate lap-pool at the B&B. It is very easy to forget you are staying in a B&B with such tranquillity. The warm hearted nature of Heidi and Jim made me forget all my worries. It is amazing value and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Heidi1323, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Andrew, It was a real pleasure hosting you and it was a pity you could not stay longer as I was enjoying your company so much. It was wonderful that you took the time out to also explore what Beechworth has to offer ie The gorge, the jail tour, and I am most grateful for the gift you bought me from Beechworth Honey. You were a very gracious and thoughtful guest making my job so enjoyable. I love giving to special people like you.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had an amazing stay at Freeman on Ford, it was a shame it was for just one night.

My partner and I did a gastro-tour of Victoria over Xmas 2012 and stayed in some lovely regional towns of Victoria. We ate dinner (literally) across the road at Provenance - the location is perfect.

The building is beautifully restored, and the attention to detail is second to none. The outdoor pool area at the rear of the building is beautiful and the rooms were a good size, and very quiet.

I am a pain when it comes to cleanliness (I am Dutch!) and my own house is immaculate, so I must admit I have high standards. I would have to say that out of all of the hotels I have stayed in (all over the world) Freeman would have to be one of the cleanest I have ever seen. I started to hunt for a dust mark or a finger print - couldn't find one!

The breakfast was delicious (try Jim's Omlette) and Heidi and Jim were excellent hosts.

Only downside was that we did not stay longer than the one night, but would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Freeman on Ford B&B? Share your experiences!