“EXCEPTIONAL!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Monterey B&B and Inns
Long Island, NY
“EXCEPTIONAL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

The Garden Inn is breathtaking! I was absolutely speechless the moment I pulled into the driveway. The house is gorgeous! Mike and his staff are an absolute pleasure! My biggest concern is cleanliness and it was spotless!! I am an extremely picky eater, while my husband isn't - yet they managed to please us both with an absolutely delicious breakfast! I can't think of anything I would want them to change because it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T! If you are in the area, I strongly recommend staying at The Garden Inn! I could go on and on but see for yourself!

• Liked — The room was immaculate and Mike and his staff were an absolute pleasure!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything negative!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

I found The Garden Inn on the internet. We were amazed at how beautiful the Inn was. We had planned a trip to see a play at the Cumberland Playhouse and wanted to make a weekend out of the trip. We enjoyed our stay immensley. The room was immaculate, the view fantastic and the hosts were so sweet and accommodating.The breakfast was ok, it consisted of fresh fruit , apple cinnamon quiche, cheesy hashbrowns and two sausage links. They serve dessert in the evening which was delicious. Coffee , tea, and a refrigerator of soft drinks , water and snacks are available anytime. My only regret is we didn't get to stay 2 nites. The property is picture perfect. When we left there we went to the Mennoite community of Muddy Pond. It has little shops and is really quaint. We will be back to The Garden Inn hopefully in the fall. It is a great get away that is not that far away.The dates we stayed were July 25,2008

• Liked — THE CLEANLINESS
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
nashville, tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

The Garden Inn is one of the most modern B&B's I've stayed in. It was extremely clean, not a speck of dust anywhere. Lovely beds with super pillows. Fresh, downy towels and plenty of them. The breakfast was excellent. Sometimes, B&B's seem to shirk on the breakfast when that is supposed to be one of the delights of the B&B experience. The breakfast servers were extremely attentive to our every need, maybe TOO attentive! We could hardly take a bite for them asking 10 times if we wanted more coffee.
The room was on the small side. The views are nice. I think that perhaps the room rates are stretching it a little for what you get. I usually don't pay more than $100 for a room in a B&B and have had lovely rooms.
The inn is very restful and quiet. It would be nice to have more to do here. There is a large room downstairs with a big screen TV but uncomfortable little wicker chairs to sit in. Not very inviting. No board games. A ping-pong table or pool table would fit there nicely and give more options for guests.
All in all, very nice.

• Liked — Cleanliness, food.
  • Disliked — Room size, price.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Colorado Springs Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed here for two nights June 27 and loved it. I am extremely particular and this property is immaculate. The view from the back deck is incredible and the food is wonderful. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and exceptionally clean. The service and hospitality is wonderful.
I am so happy to have found this place so I never have to stay in a motel in Crossville or Cookville again as I need to visit this area a couple of times every summer. If you want caviar and pure linen sheets, keep driving, I'm sure you will find that eventually for about $500.00 a night somewhere. I'll be at the Garden Inn where the price is right!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no awning over the back deck
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
goodlettsville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

Our visit to The Garden Inn in Monterey, Tennessee was one we truely enjoyed. The Inn in beautifully located overlooking a mountain ridge of trees and lovely rock formations. The view is visible from many rooms. The Inn was very clean and this the standard they maintain daily. The breakfast was above the normal B&B standards. The chef really knows how to combine good ingredients to make a meal worth remembering. We really enjoyed the Apple-Cinnamon Quiche for breakfast. The Cherry-Blackberry Pie served for dessert, was a big hit with us, but we were offered a choice of 3 desserts each evening, all sounded wonderful.
The Inn is beautiful and well decorated, all rooms having lovely cherry or walnut furniture.
The staff was very nice and pleasant, making for a wonderful chance to chat and find out more about the area.
Can't say enough about a possitive experience for us on this trip. We will come back to take a break from the stress of daily life. The Inn Keeper Mike and Mirtha were a delight to get to know.

Been to The Garden Inn? Share your experiences!