“Great place for a break or weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BIG4 Anglesea Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anglesea
BIG4 Anglesea Holiday Park
You added BIG4 Anglesea Holiday Park to your Saves list
45 Murray St, Anglesea, Victoria 3230, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place for a break or weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in the Longboard cabin. The room/cabin was perfect. We both felt that we were staying in a 5 star hotel. The room was clean and had everything we needed (toaster, microwave, cutlery, crockery and a twin shower with fluffy towels, LCD TV with foxtel)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My family travelled most of the school holidays down the east coast of Australia with our caravan but who knew that we would have the best time only a couple hours from home. From the moment I walked into the reception, they were hospital and welcoming. She walked us to our site and showed us were everything was.
The bathrooms are a A plus. Individual clean rooms with heaps of room too. The indoor pool was great and very clean. The camp kitchen had every thing you needed. There was 16 in our party and all of us loved this place so much were going to make it an annual vacation.
Really looking forward to the outdoor pool going in this year.

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was impressed straight away with this caravan park from the time of booking. I receieved a phone call the very next day after placing my booking online and was asked if I need a portacot which is at no extra charge. Later I sent an email to ask a question about something and I received a reply almost immediately and it was quite late at night too!
Upon arrival, John welcomed us and personally showed us to our cabin. The facilities for the kids are great. The games room, TV room, toddler play room, outdoor playground, jumping pillow and indoor pool are all fantastic and kept my kids entertained for the three days we spent there. I am looking forward to the new outdoor pool that is due to come this year! My 5 year old met so many new friends, not once was he bored and he didn't even want to leave the grounds of the caravan park! What I really liked is that the grounds are not very big which meant if I needed to find my son, I found him everytime with no trouble.
The caravan park isn't right on the beach, which I thought could be an issue but its not a problem at all because its a nice walk or bike ride down to the beach and I recommend exploring all the walking / bike tracks along the beach. Angelsea is truly a lovely destination and the beach is safe for kids to swim in. And another place which I discovered is a park which is at the end of Murray Street, it;s got a "pirate" playground and nice walking tracks which go over the wetlands. Worth checking out!
Our cabin was nice and comfortable. The thing I liked about it was that the balcony had a gate on it, which meant I didn't have to worry about my 15 month old son falling down the stairs or wandering away!
I highly recommend this park to everyone with a young family.
Thanks Anglesea Big 4 for a fantastic stay. And keep up the good work and it's great to see all the staff happy and friendly all the time!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin no. 100 which is directly accross from the playground, games room and TV room. It...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, even though it was only 2 nights. The grounds were beautifully maintained & we were impressed with all of the facilities - clean, new bathrooms; great communal kitchen; lots of things for the kids to do! Happy kids = happy parents!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. we were comfortable. Staffs were friendly and prompt. travel to and from the Adventure Park and the Wool Museum was long being 2 hours to and from but it was fun roads and traffic were good. We also had fun at the beach and the indoor heated pool:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Lovely hosts, lovely park, good vibe. Full of friendly families. Amazing bathrooms! You arrive to see a giant chess set and busy communal kitchen, lots of kids playing but the park was totally quiet by about 10pm. Would def recommend and stay again. Thanks for backing my van in for me John :)

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very clean facilities. Staff is very warm and receiving was very good. Many new facilities.

To improve: make more organised activities for kids would benefit. Wireless internet would also be a plus.

Cabin prices bite a bit during a high season.

Overall, great place to spend a holiday and we would love to come again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and sunny.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BIG4 Anglesea Holiday Park? Share your experiences!