“Awesome...wonderful location, brilliant instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Anglesea
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Ride A Wave is Australia's favorite surf school. We offer 2 hour surfing lessons every day and from our shop you can arrange hire of surf equipment including surf boards, wetsuits, kayaks, bodyboards. Our shop also has all sorts of clothing and surfing equipment for sale as well.
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome...wonderful location, brilliant instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked a group lesson for my 11 year old daughter and her 11 year old cousin at Angelsea. It was easy to book on line and very well organised. From the start to finish the admin staff and instructors were professional,friendly and very encouraging. Thee kids loved every minute of the lesson and can't wait to go back!

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My three kids have participated in Go Ride A Wave lessons in Anglesea, Torquay and Ocean Grove. All three stood up on the boards during their first lessons and they've been hooked since. In fact, my oldest daughter recently bought her own surf board. I was very impressed with the patience displayed by the young instructors, even with my 7 year old. It was an unforgettable experience for each of my girls and they're looking forward to having more lessons in the future.

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Great instructors, great fun & success!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Our 7 yo granddaughter embarked on the first of her three lessons with great trepidation.
Once the lesson commenced she no longer needed us around! She had full faith in the instructors and was up and away in no time and loving every minute of it.
Go Ride A Wave staff are friendly, bright and enthusiastic. She'll be back so will her siblings!

Bali, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
“Fabulous instructors -kind, patient and enthusiastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

My 8 year old daughter had some surfing lessons with the Anglesea Go Ride A Wave team and I couldn't have been more impressed. As a teacher myself I was absolutely astonished to see how good this team were- always positive and encouraging they had all of the kids persevering wave after wave, in good weather and bad. both my daughters are definitely booked in again this summer and I might even give it a go myself!

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent private surf lesson in Noosa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked a 2 hour private surf lesson with Go Ride a Wave at the start of our week long stay in Noosa and were so pleased we did. We'd both attempted surfing before on several occasions but didn't feel we were progressing so booked a private lesson to find out what was going wrong. Our instructor Jamo was excellent, watching us and giving us lots of tips on where we were going wrong which set us up perfectly for the rest of the week when we just wandered down to the beach and hired boards to hone our skills. Definitely worth the expense!

Visited July 2012