“Great hotel in fantastic location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hughenden Boutique Hotel

You added Hughenden Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Hughenden Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Queen St, Woollahra, New South Wales 2025, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woollahra
canberra
“Great hotel in fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hughenden last thursday and friday night. We booked a two room family suite as we have a seven month old baby. There is secure off street car parking. The room has alot of charm associated with the building's grand Victorian heritage. The hotel has spacious public areas including the restaurant, bar, reading room and outdoor alfresco areas. We felt comfortable staying around after breakfast and reading the complimentary newspapers without being moved on by the restaurant staff. We had dinner on the thursday night and the food was fantastic. The hotel is also situated a short walk from centennial park and shops/cafes. We would recommend the Hughenden for anyone looking for somewhere central and friendly.

• Liked — Great location and heritage building aswell as friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
NSW Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed 2 nights in April 08, lovely hotel in great location. The rooms were clean, the food was great, but we had problems with the management.

When it came time to pay, the credit card machine was down, so we paid cash. Later we discovered that the credit card we used to book the room over the phone, was charged as well.

Mistakes happen, but we could not get anyone to respond to us, despite numerous emails and phone calls. We had to resort to forcing a chargeback on our credit card- and they still haven't contacted us!

• Liked — Old world charm and convenient location
  • Disliked — Non-existant management when there is a problem
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Just spent 4 nights at the Hughenden Boutique Hotel and loved everything! The place is gorgeous, charming and I felt like I was at home. The best part is the pet friendly accommodation. I had a room with private outside courtyard, and it was lovely to sit out there with Cleo - my puppy and have a few drinks! I was even able to dine in the restaurant with Cleo. She was provided with a cute chew bone and I was spoilt with fantastic fresh food and a lovely bottle of the wine. If you need to get away for a just a few days and want to relax - then I would recommend going to the Hughenden. The staff are welcoming, happy, and always more than happy to help - I really felt at home.

• Liked — Pet Friendly!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I usually stay in large 5 star hotels when I travel and this place is still one of my favourites because it is so different! This boutique hotel has loads of character and charm and the location is absolutely perfect, close to fantastic shopping, on a lovely tree lined street. It's also really close to the Sydney CBD and Bondi Beach (ideal for tourists) The restaurant is also excellent - the food is always tasty and the service is good!

I highly recommend this for people who want to stay in a unique boutique-style hotel (rather than a large chain hotel) for more personalised service, in a wonderful location.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Paddington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

The Hughenden Boutique Hotel is not only a 'home away from home' but, for me, it was a 'home between homes'!
I stayed here while I was moving from one address to another.....and I keep coming back for dinner, as a local!
Stepping into the Hughenden is like stepping back into an era of elegance and true Aussie hospitality, hard to find in today's hustle and bustle.
Acquaint yourself, as I have, with the hotel's friendly staff, homely furnishings, the building's historical significance, artefacts and memorabilia, and walls boasting the creative works of local artists and authors.
Delicious aromas waft from Quaiffe's Restaurant, and the melodic tunes from Sir Victor's baby grand piano accompany you through the Victorian lounge and up the stairs to cosy bedrooms that invite you to a good night's sleep,,,,,with the promise of a hearty breakfast in the morning.
You won't want to leave!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything negative!
  • Stayed March 2003, traveled solo
Hunter Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

This was my third stay at this home away from home and it seems to just get better and better. The room wasn't huge but it was very comfortable. I've stayed at this hotel in other rooms that were a bit bigger but I can honestly say it didn't impact on my enjoyment. It's a quirky place that has a great warm heart. I found the staff lovely and the little restaurant is good value. I adored the breakfast and the fact that I can walk in Centennial Park or go window shopping down Oxford Street on my morning walk is fanstastic.

• Liked — old world charm and the staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I have stayed at the Hughendon Hotel every year for the past 8 years and wouldn't stay anywhere else, it is like a home away from home. The character of the place is unique and enchanting with its artwork, antiques and friendly atmosphere. The hotel is in a wonderful location, within walking distance to all the best shops and galleries. The staff are always helpful and friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble. Victor, the piano man is another highlight. I cannot say enough good things about this place.!!!

Stayed April 2008

Been to Hughenden Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!