We have stay at the Monteagle Inn several times over the years and would have definitely given it a five star experience. But on our recent stay, we had some challenges. First we stayed in a wing of the Inn that we had not stayed in before. We found this wing noisy (we could hear people above us walking around, smelly (strong smell of bacon in the morning), and the bed was crinkly because they had plastic covering the mattress. One of the things I really dislike is a plastic cover over the mattress because of the noise and because it reflects your body heat making it uncomfortably hot to sleep.
To have the best experience stay in the wing that overlooks the church. It is quieter, no plastic on the mattress when we stayed there in the past, and not smelly. And these rooms tend to be lower cost. A good example that more money doesn't necessarily give you a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center provides the perfect escape you need. Relax and discover the peace you had nearly forgotten. Surround yourself in our luxury and hospitality. Mediterranean atmosphere, paintings & colors envelope you. Sit in a rocker on the front porch with a hot cup of specialty coffee or a glass of wine or maybe relax in one of our restful hammocks. Expansive flower, herb and vegetable gardens beckon you to wander and enjoy the kaleidoscope of colors and fragrances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteagle Inn & Retreat Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Inn And Retreat Center