“Amazing Cabins” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Monteagle
Fl
“Amazing Cabins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We were on our way back to Fl from Pa and had been to a funeral and we we're both mentally and physically exhausted, We travel from fl to Indiana and pa quite often and have always seen the sign for the Smoke House but never stopped till now.First we just checked into a king size room then we we're sitting outside and saw the cabins we immediately went to the office and we upgraded to a cabin. A huge king size bed massive stone fireplace Jacuzzi and full kitchen a outdoor grill and rocking chairs on the front porch. We we're going to go to the smokehouse rest for dinner but we ended up walking next door to the liquor store and Piggley Wiggley and bought steaks and cooked out. We enjoyed the evening so much we stayed another day and went to the town of Seweanne and looked at the quaint gift shops and had lunch then went across the street from the Lodge to the Winery. Then we cooked out again and enjoyed a blazing fire in the fireplace. We would definitely recommend this as a 2 day getaway.. And I will be recommending this Lodge to everyone on my blog http://allisonskitchen.blogspot.com
We will try the restaurant next time but we did buy alot of homemade BBQ sauce and some fudge.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
birmingham, al
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Best Western is definitely not a luxury accomodation, but it is a nice facility and the cabins are very cute. This is the type of place where your attitude makes all the difference and I think we would have had a better experience had the front desk clerk been friendlier. She was fine, but not well trained in showing hospitality. Being from the South this is a particularly sticky point for me and I believe there is no excuse for not making visitors feel like you are happy to see them. However, for the price of $72/nt the rooms were more than adequate, the grounds are well appointed and attractive, nice pool / playground / basketball court, and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

This is a way over priced old motel. It is simply the only thing available in that area and why people are writing it up like it is good is beyond my understanding. It is not nice or comfortable. My room had flies and worn out everything in it. I was happy when we left and never intend to go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

great place. Comfortable cabins and suites. Wonderful country cooking. Genial host/owner. Awesome fudge!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
rchman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I don't know where some of these whiners stayed but what they describe bears absolutely no resemblence to the Smokehouse Lodge I stayed in.Firstly,the most comfortable beds you will ever find in a motel! I wanted to take the thing home with me. Spent two nights and slept like a baby...More hot water than you can ever use. My room was immaculate and the employess were very nice to me at every turn. The food ? Barbecue is excellent! The sides are very well contrived and the desserts are positively mouthwatering. I tell you people,they have the very BEST fried pies anywhere....ANYWHERE!!!! I ate three of them (with ice cream!) while I was there and took four home with me. Oink! Oink! At this rate I will weigh five hundred pounds in no time at all,but look at all the fun I will have getting there. I have stayed here several times and I am a happy traveler at Smokehouse Lodge. I will go back............

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

This place is amazing! I have never stayed at a hotel that had cabins like these. We had a small family reunion, about 30 of us, and we took up 12 of their 20 cabins. Rocking chair front porches, fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs....oh la la....The atmosphere is like be home. We will go back again and again. The desk help, the housekkeepers, maintenance personal were all very helpful. The maintenance guys even helped us get all our belongings to the cabins and made sure we had wood for the fireplace and even started our fires. Great customer service, And the restaurant, well lets just say it is like eating at grandma's for Sunday dinner. The gift shop has unique gifts but the best was the fudge. They told us they make it right their at the Smokehouse. They had about 20 different flavors. I would recommend this place to anyone just wanting to getaway. Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
HUMPHREYS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I stay all over tennessee and alabama for my job and i travel with 4 to 8 people in my crew.This. Is the most friendliest and welcoming place ive stayed I have stayed there months at a time.I stay there and drive to bridgeport Al. instead of staying closer because i enjoy it so much.I have seen problems there because i stay so much and ive had problems myself but they all ways got me taken care of as fast as possible and go out of there way.my cable went out in my cabin at night and it was raining and they had maintnance working in rain for 2 hrs until it was fixed.thats just one thing that happened and was taken care of.The rooms to me were clean and nice but the cabins i really enjoy.I leave all my lap top,keys,medication,and i have left money there and nothing has ever been stolen.They have bent over backwords to help me with any problem i have.im glad i didnt see the reviews before i stayed there because i would have missed out on a home away from home.the cabins are very welcoming and cozy.I would bring my family back with me and stay there again and again.i travel year round and stay every where so at least take it from someone who has stayed there for atleast 4 months in 08 and some in 09.I had a chance to meet the owner at the resturaunt and was very friendly and he always ask how my stay was and if there was anything he could do to make my stay better.I dont have any interest or profit to gain for leaving this review but i have nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Smokehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!