“all plusses and no minuses” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Tennessee
“all plusses and no minuses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

great place. Comfortable cabins and suites. Wonderful country cooking. Genial host/owner. Awesome fudge!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
rchman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I don't know where some of these whiners stayed but what they describe bears absolutely no resemblence to the Smokehouse Lodge I stayed in.Firstly,the most comfortable beds you will ever find in a motel! I wanted to take the thing home with me. Spent two nights and slept like a baby...More hot water than you can ever use. My room was immaculate and the employess were very nice to me at every turn. The food ? Barbecue is excellent! The sides are very well contrived and the desserts are positively mouthwatering. I tell you people,they have the very BEST fried pies anywhere....ANYWHERE!!!! I ate three of them (with ice cream!) while I was there and took four home with me. Oink! Oink! At this rate I will weigh five hundred pounds in no time at all,but look at all the fun I will have getting there. I have stayed here several times and I am a happy traveler at Smokehouse Lodge. I will go back............

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

This place is amazing! I have never stayed at a hotel that had cabins like these. We had a small family reunion, about 30 of us, and we took up 12 of their 20 cabins. Rocking chair front porches, fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs....oh la la....The atmosphere is like be home. We will go back again and again. The desk help, the housekkeepers, maintenance personal were all very helpful. The maintenance guys even helped us get all our belongings to the cabins and made sure we had wood for the fireplace and even started our fires. Great customer service, And the restaurant, well lets just say it is like eating at grandma's for Sunday dinner. The gift shop has unique gifts but the best was the fudge. They told us they make it right their at the Smokehouse. They had about 20 different flavors. I would recommend this place to anyone just wanting to getaway. Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
HUMPHREYS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I stay all over tennessee and alabama for my job and i travel with 4 to 8 people in my crew.This. Is the most friendliest and welcoming place ive stayed I have stayed there months at a time.I stay there and drive to bridgeport Al. instead of staying closer because i enjoy it so much.I have seen problems there because i stay so much and ive had problems myself but they all ways got me taken care of as fast as possible and go out of there way.my cable went out in my cabin at night and it was raining and they had maintnance working in rain for 2 hrs until it was fixed.thats just one thing that happened and was taken care of.The rooms to me were clean and nice but the cabins i really enjoy.I leave all my lap top,keys,medication,and i have left money there and nothing has ever been stolen.They have bent over backwords to help me with any problem i have.im glad i didnt see the reviews before i stayed there because i would have missed out on a home away from home.the cabins are very welcoming and cozy.I would bring my family back with me and stay there again and again.i travel year round and stay every where so at least take it from someone who has stayed there for atleast 4 months in 08 and some in 09.I had a chance to meet the owner at the resturaunt and was very friendly and he always ask how my stay was and if there was anything he could do to make my stay better.I dont have any interest or profit to gain for leaving this review but i have nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

We love this part of Tn so decided to stay at a place we found on the internet called Smokehouse Lodge. I wish I had read reviews because for over $100 a night, it was the worst place we have ever stayed. My husband and I go all over the US and the room we had was invested with bugs, moldy shower and no internet as advertised. It was not taken care of at all and please don't try and eat at the Smokehouse restaurant which is attached to the lodge. Really dirty tasting food and I am not that particular but this was too much for us. I just wouldn't ever go here again and hope you don't and spend money on a bad stay.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bugs, mold, no internet and horrible food
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Monteagle hotels

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

Nice,clean rooms,excellent customer service, $55 price with business card ,$62 otherwise.
Fresh coffee,fireplace going in the lobby,very nice folks who really care.
Didn't stay in the cabin so can't tell you about that.
It's always healthiest to keep your socks on in any motel..the room carpets "look" clean but we know that with tons of traffic you would have to shampoo the carpet daily to keep them truly clean so use your head on this..note,the next unhappy cabin renter.
The restaurant was very good,store in it is fun and unusual,great place to buy christmas gifts!!
Enjoy your stay!
God bless,lynn and Don Collver
Keen Transport Company

semi parking in back when they aren't busy..we are oversize and still could find room.

• Liked — location,friendly customer service,nice rooms,beautiful christmas tree in lobby,fireplace,etc
  • Disliked — there was nothing I didn't like!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Valdosta Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

Obviously there is more motivation to take the time to [--] and moan than to be positive.

THIS IS NOT A HILTON RESORT WITH ALL ITS STERILE AMENITIES PEOPLE. GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

However it is a place that is as close to home as it gets. The staff is impeccable and they speak with an accent........Southern.

The Smokehouse Restaurant is as close to home cooking as there is, but probably most of the negative ranters dont understand the concept.

After the second day, most of the staff knew my first name and I was constantly greeted(Northerners dont have a clue).

Room was above acceptable as far as cleanliness and high thread count on the linens which helps on 20 degree nights.

So, for those of you traveling south and expect the "rubber sausage and devoid personality staff, keep traveling.....There may be something for you in Chattanooga or Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Smokehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!