My fiance and I were pleased to find such a cute little property. (Not to mention very pleased to see it was owned and run by a local family. BIG plus!) After working 56 hour weeks for almost a month, we were in need of a short vacation to just relax, and the Smokehouse Lodge did just that for us when we got one of their cozy cabins for two days.
We were there to visit Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga, so the hotel was kind of a drive out (about 45 miles), but you just can't beat the view while driving the hills and mountains of Tennessee. The hotel is right off the exit on I-24, so you can get back on the road very quickly.
The cabins may look small from the outside, but be rest assured that the open floor plan really makes the lodge quite comfortable. I was surprised in how quiet the cabin was (I barely heard a large storm that hit the area our first night there). The internet was kind of spotty with strength, but we kind of expected that being out in the cabin area. Besides, we were there to relax & get away from all that kind of stuff. Though we didn't engage much with the staff, what times we did spend in the main hotel were pleasant and inviting.
The facade of main hotel may not look "modern", but the room did not lack in amenities: flat screen TV, nice little kitchen, well working A/C heater wall unit, furniture in good shape, clean linens, etc. Not to mention, the look kept up with the fact that it is a small cozy hotel up in the mountains. I wouldn't hope for any different.
The hotel also has a cute mom & pop version of Cracker Barrel right next door if you want some tasty country cooking during your stay. There is a cute little winery right across the street that is open to visitors. Also, it is also conveniently located next to a grocery and Fred's stores if you are in need of anything you might have forgotten at home or suddenly need.
If you're looking for couples or family getaway in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area, I strongly suggest this property and even emphasize to pay the extra money and get the cabin. You won't regret it! We are already making plans to come back ourselves in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smoke House invites everyone to experience Southern Hospitality at the Restaurant, shop the Old General Store, stay in Rustic Log Cabins & the Mountain Lodge, and experience every Friday & Saturday Night Live Nashville Music. Southern cookin’ offering three generations of family recipes on the menu and the daily buffet;Homemade everyday! The Old General Store's old fashioned candies, antiques, homemade fudge, Moonshine Museum, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum. Lodging features Log Cabins w/Jacuzzi tubs & fireplaces, and Queen and King rooms with big back decks overlooking the serene and beautiful 20 acre campus, & fishing lake./Tennessee Lodging/Monteagle/Chattanooga/Winchester/Tullahoma/South Pittsburg/Sewannee/Manchester/Jasper/Cowan/Live Music/Bonnaroo/River Bend Festival/Corn Bread Festival ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Smokehouse Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle