Be careful staying here! Upon arrival we were given a room that connected to one that was in the process of being renovated. Needless to say the smell from the paint and the workers smoking next door with the connecting doors OPEN was not a very welcoming sign. When I tried to close and lock the connecting room door there was no way to lock the door from my side of the room, the door
in the other room had a deadbolt on the inside that would keep me from getting into that room but any could have access to our room. The outside door to the room under construction did not lock so anyone could gain access to our room. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk they told me I did not know how to lock the door. Finally a "maintenance" man showed up and finally realized that I was correct and offered to get a lock from the hardware store and install it. Later He proceeded to turn the door handle around which simply put a kept the knob from turning. After return from dinner we got back to our room and found both connecting doors open! As far as we could determine nothing was taken but the front desk did not really seem to care and/or understand the problem. After being away for the entire day no inside lock, as promised was ever installed. When I mentioned this at checkout they apologized, but blamed it on somebody else. Also, the bathrooms were tiny, the shower head is about 5 feet high with low pressure. Uncomfortable beds and unreliable TV's made for a poor stay. The noise early in the morning (5am) of the staff moving equipment and shouting as if it were the middle of the day was to say the least annoying. With my son perhaps attending Sewanee for the next 4 years I will stay at the other hotels in the area and will relay this story to all of the other parents who are looking for a place to stay near the Univerity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodging features Rooms & Cabins. 20 acre campus with 21 Beautiful Log Cabins w/Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, Kitchens. 80 rooms with new Queen and King beds, whole room upgraded in 2015 with all new furniture, flooring, beds, bath, TV, doors & Locks, heat a/c units. Big decks overlooking the serene and beautiful 20 acre forested campus & fishing lake. Experience Great Southern Hospitality at the on site Restaurant, shop the Trading Post Old General Store, and experience Live Nashville Music every Friday & Saturday night, No Cover Charge, Family Friendly, full menu & beverages during the show, no smoking room. Southern cookin' offering three generations of homemade family recipes on the menu and the daily all you can eat buffet, Homemade everyday! The Old General Store's old fashioned candies, antiques, homemade fudge & Fried Pies, Moonshine Museum, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum is a great place to spend some time. Lodging/Monteagle/Chattanooga/Winchester/Tullahoma/South Pittsburg/Sewannee/Manchester/Jasper/Cowan/Live Music/Bonnaroo/River Bend Festival/Corn Bread Festival/Cumberland Caverns/Bluegrass Underground/George Dickle Distillery/Jack Daniels Distillery/Lynchburg ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle