“One Happy Stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Monteagle
Chicago, Illinois
“One Happy Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this super 8 renov8 and want you to know that the room was clean and well stocked with the essentials that we needed. The breakfast was more than we expected and the staff was very polite and helpful. A great deal for the price! Me and my family will certianly return again on our way back up from florida and recommend this stop for those passing thru the cumberland plateau.

Room Tip: Its all good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

1st room - as soon as we walked in saw mattress sagging in middle & the bed was still made up.
2nd room - bed looked OK, but when turned back covers looked like sheets had not been changed only remade. When I went to bed I had to get back up & put on socks, jeans, & a long sleeve shirt b/c I started breaking out in hives from contact with the sheets (fortunately I had my pillow w/ me). Also this is one of the worst motels I have ever stayed at re: noise. The only plus was the staff who were very nice. But, if you want a comfortable nights sleep - go to another motel. The owner(s) need to invest in new mattresses and quality sheets at the very least.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RAVI G, General Manager at Super 8 Monteagle, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
First let me apologize that we did not meet your expectations. And, we thank you for your efforts to bring some items to our attention.
All our Beds are Brand New and Beauty rest beds. Since the opening of the hotel, we hear tons of compliments about the beds on daily basis. Despite that, we have asked the Housekeeping staff in-charge to inspect each and every bed in the entire Hotel. All beds are changed daily and linen laundered without fail. To our knowledge in 20 mile radius from our hotel, no other hotel offers the beauty rest beds.
Recently, we heard at another hotel, a guest reported that the hotel room had fleas. Upon the hotel manager asking a few simple questions of the guest, it was discovered that their child was playing in the grass with a dog in the park and with his socks on. Hotel has never had such incident and room was occupied previous day with no complaint. We suggest that you recollect and note about your whereabouts during that day where you may have possibly picked up something that caused your personal issues.
We are the very first Super Innov8 in America and strive for our best on daily basis. Our Guests generally are thrilled with our rooms, our extended complimentary breakfast and our friendly staff.
We appreciate your comments about the very nice staff.
We are an exterior corridor hotel and offer rooms on parking lot side for easy access of baggage to rooms or on the garden side for the light sleepers.
We invite you to come and stay with us again. I am sure you will have a pleasant stay like our other guests.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Somewhat leery of the Super8 brand after past unpleasant experiences, we nonetheless booked a weekend stay (to attend a wedding) at the Monteagle Super8 after reading on the web-site that it had been recently renovated. I will give credit where credit is due and say that the staff (both desk and housekeeping) were very pleasant and professional, the room was clean, and even somewhat stylish (for a budget motel). However, the king bed was cursed with one of the most uncomfortable, lumpy, squishy mattress I think I've ever had the misfortune of attempting to sleep upon. Also, the room smelled overpoweringly of some sort of perfumed cleaner. The white bedspread was stained. The shower head only came up to my shoulders, so I had to duck in order to shampoo. But perhaps the most irritating thing was the AC/heater unit, which woke us every time it cycled on (even though I had set the fan to run continuously). There was a buzzy resonance every time it kicked in, and it was impossible to sleep through it. We left utterly exhausted after two sleepless nights. (As an aside, the property's two beverage vending machines were out of bottled water, and one had no cola.) I don't know if the other budget-minded properties nearby are any better, but I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RAVI G, General Manager at Super 8 Monteagle, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
First let me say thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business .
Second, please accept our apology that we did not meet your expectations.

I am also sorry to hear that you did not have good experience with another Super 8 before.

Thank you for your compliments for the staff and housekeeping. And thank you for compliments for noted items.

We offer one of the most comfortable brands in the hospitality industry, Simmons BeautyRest beds. To our knowledge no other hotel in 20 mile radius offer such superior beds. On a daily basis we get great compliments about our beds.

We do use air freshener daily and never have had any complaints since the opening of our hotel. But, we will do additional survey with our guests to ensure others are not off put by the product we use.

We will give additional training to staff to check for stains etc.

Our Air conditioners are state of art, quiet brand new units. Lack of sleep can make everything seem worse.

Soda Machines like at most hotels are loaded by vendors on their routes weekly. There are weeks when the sodas are sold out quicker than other weeks. We have a Subway on one side and 24 hour Waffle House on the other side. Also a Piggly Wiggly grocery store across the street.

We also have a 24 hour desk. We suggest in future if you have any issue whatsoever to please reach us simply by dialing zero from your room and our staff stands ready to assist you.
I regret that you did not inform us about any of this during your stay.

Even though Super 8 is a budget brand, we are America's very first Super8 Innov8 and offer much better quality product and service. All our guests are well pleased staying at a budget price and receiving a mid price hotel rooms.

Again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We invite you to come and stay with us again.

Been to Super 8 Monteagle? Share your experiences!