“Decent for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Urban St Leonards

You added Hotel Urban St Leonards to your Saves list
Hotel Urban St Leonards
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   194 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, North Sydney, New South Wales 2065, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St Leonards
Adelaide, Australia
“Decent for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed one night for work. Perfectly decent room on noisier highway side of building; am a light sleeper but slept well.
When i arrived the room next door had someone very noisy in it and reception immediately and courteously moved me to another room. Takeaway food is a five to ten minute walk away, and pretty good.

• Stayed July 2014
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello Romanygrrl,

Thanks for leaving a review!

I'm sorry to hear that you had noisy neighbours when first arrived but am happy to learn that the Front Desk team sorted it out straight away for you.

Have a lovely day & we hope to see you again soon.

Amanda Cottome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel. The second time was much more economical due to a Groupon voucher. The hotel is conveniently located if you want to be near the Pacific Highway. If you plan to take the train to the city to explore, it is a little hike to the station but quite level. If you have a car, be careful parking on the streets are time zones are marked and the time during the day is limited. We saw a traffic monitor checking the cars. If you park in front of the hotel, be careful of the flowers that fall from the tree as they are sticky, mark the car paint and can be difficult to remove. The staff are efficient; the cafe has wonderful coffee. I love the plentiful supply of papers to read and the fact that the paper is delivered to your door. The rooms are clean with firm beds. The shower area is very small and I wonder how some people would cope with this confined space. The shower cubicle is "tight". I found it strange that the tea/coffee supplies are located in a drawer at floor level. Like another reviewer I too was asked to pay for a chocolate from the mini bar which I did not take. It was quickly credited. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello my53,

How great is your profile pic? That is one of my favourite pieces at the MCA at the moment.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave your feedback and i'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We didn't know about the sticky flowers out the front of the Hotel so thanks for letting us know.

We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had a peaceful stay but was a little surprised I was issued to pay for two items I had not purchased from their mini bar. Eventually I did not have to pay but I felt offended when the receptionist mention to her colleague that I denied purchase when I was certain I had not consumed their overpriced chocolate. I stayed alone. Apart from that I had a pleasant stay. It's located conveniently close to private and public hospital.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello Jimmy2026,

Thanks for leaving some feedback for us.

I'm sorry that you felt offended regarding the denying the mini bar charge on your account. As explained in the email that I sent to you, the administration of the mini bar system can be incredibly challenging. We work on an honesty system so if you say you haven't had it the item we take it off. I understand that this has been removed for you.

Otherwise, it's great to know that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Working in St Leonards for a 1 night stay it was a very quick visit and this hotel suited perfectly. Very convenient location to hospital, St Leonards train station Very clean and fresh, reception open at night, room service and staff quick to respond when I couldn't get the heater to work. The entire hotel had a nice feel and the coffee (available from 6.30am) in the cafe in the foyer was excellent. It's not a room you would want to spend your day in and the view was of a highway but the entire hotel generally had a lovely feel to it and would definitely stay again for work and definitely recommend to colleagues. Would have given an Excellent rating only thought it was a little over-priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello biztraveller2012,

Thanks for leaving us a highly recommended and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

When we originally designed the Cafe, our brief was to provide a casual and relaxed atmosphere - it's great that you picked up on that and appreciated it.

It's music to my ears to hear that the team were quick to respond when you had a problem too!

Thanks biztraveller2012 - we hope to see you again soon.

Cobar, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for a week at the Hotel Urban. The staff were very obliging and the room was a good size and clean. I like that the rooms have safes in them. Restaurant food was good. We didn't have views because we chose a room with an outside balcony on the ground level. Beds were comfortable and surprisingly very little traffic noise. Robes and slippers supplied. Walking distance to the train providing you didn't want to shop and carry too much. Was a good place for a conference and to unwind but maybe a bit out of the way if you wanted to do stuff in the city each day. Overall a good stay though

Room Tip: No view from ground floor but fresh air if you like sitting outside and it's not too noisy. Down...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello LnG270,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave your feedback.

Our Terrace rooms are perfect for a longer stay and it's great to hear that you took advantage of them. We love that you can sit outside, enjoy the fresh air and feel like you are worlds away.

Have a lovely day and we hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The moment we walked in the door, the staff were very polite and friendly greeting me and my partner in the wonderfully air conditioned lobby (which was beyond perfect on a hot summer day).

The room had such a relaxing feel about it, the moment you walk in the door you just can't help but take in the relaxing view (partial city view, but mostly residential). It doesn't take long before you find yourself crashing into the comfortable king sized bed which overlooks the entire room and balcony. The only things we were disappointed at was the speed (or lack of) of the elevators and the positioning of the tap for the spa in our room; right middle of the spa and in the perfect position for you to accidentally bump into it when exiting.

Room service, comfort and relaxation factor and TV size were all perfect. Would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wishing for a short escape from reality.

Room Tip: King Spa room has the best balcony view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello SimonIsk,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am so pleased to hear that you loved our little oasis here on the leafy North Shore. We are close enough to the City and yet far enough away to get away from the hustle and bustle.

I apologise for the slowness of the lifts. We find that our guests like to move at the same time of the day putting extra pressure on the lifts.

Thanks again for your lovely review & I hope to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Now this is a hotel I would definitely recommend ! So close to the city, good value and good looking rooms and decent size as well. The staff very polite and friendly and he food was very nice, except for the breakfast when I had eggs Benedict and the hollandaise sauce was awful and couldn't eat it. But I'm sure that won't put anyone off !

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hello Popa A,

It's music to our ears hearing how much you enjoyed your stay in our little Hotel & that you still found us amazing despite your less than perfect hollandaise.

We love getting the detail right & I am devestated to hear that your eggs bene was less than perfect. We pride ourselves on offering the best breakfast in the Hotel business so will ensure that this is immediately resolved.

Enjoy your day!

Amanda Cottome

Been to Hotel Urban St Leonards? Share your experiences!