“Great Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Urban St Leonards

You added Hotel Urban St Leonards to your Saves list
Hotel Urban St Leonards
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   194 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, North Sydney, New South Wales 2065, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St Leonards
Forbes, Australia
“Great Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I enjoyed my overnight stay at this Boutique Hotel. For me the location was very close to Mater Hospital where my husband was being treated. I enjoyed the extra little things like bath robes , slippers and make up mirror. Staff were very helpful at check in and organised a cab to take me to Hospital. My room was on the first floor facing street. I was not bothered by the traffic noise Hotel is also very close to Royal North Shore Hospital so is very convenient for visitors or carers to patients in both these Hospitals. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Swimming pool and spa not reviewed as I didn't see them could not delete first dot in rating.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hi Dorothy W,

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

It’s so nice when guests love the little extras that we put in place at our hotel. It’s those little finishing touches that make us Urban, and we’re so pleased you enjoyed your experience.

I look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again soon!

Amanda Cottome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

It's currently my 2nd night staying at Hotel Urban and I have to say, it's been a pretty disappointing stay so far. My room is on the 1st level, so road noises and the music from the restaurant/bar on Friday night were a big issue for trying to sleep. Bathroom is extremely tiny. Room is ok standard but definitely not 4 star quality. TV remote isn't working and I've called reception, but it's been over 20min and no one has come to fix it, plus the receptionist sounded like I was putting them out with my request for it to be fixed. I've ordered room service and they wanted to charge $10 room service charge to bring up the main meal and dessert separately, which is a ridiculous cost for someone to carry up food in the lift. Finally, the wifi charges are a rip off - this should be free. On the positive points - the bed is really comfortable and the restaurant does great coffees. But overall, it's been an average stay so far.

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Emsy82,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Sorry to hear you weren’t pleased with the room service and WiFi charges. If you’re interested in WiFi packages, we have some great deals available.

I'm so glad you enjoyed our signature Urban Snorer beds and tried the delicious coffee available at Sure Café.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I like this boutique hotel. It's different. Little things make the experience different. It's a bit small and is in the middle of no where but it's cute. If are thinking to stay at this hotel, it's the best to have a car or take cab from the train station. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Patty831,

Thank you so much for your comments.

We 100% agree that it's the little things that make the experience different. We pride ourselves on being different and not your typical hotel, so it's great to see you enjoyed the Urban perks.

Hopefully see you next time you visit Sydney!

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had cause to stay for three nights recently. We booked through an agency and got a remarkable rate for the three nights not to mention a bottle of bubbly upon arrival...and believe it or not...wide beaming smiles. The room was adequate in size with all the required facilities, nicely appointed with muted grey and olive tones.
We breakfasted at the in house eatery dubiously named 'SURE'...lovely, simple, exquisitely prepared fare. Damn sure good is what I say!!!
The staff were attentive to our needs and nothing was a problem. The days and nights were steaming hot...no drama the A/C unit worked a treat. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rom B,

There's nothing better than a bottle of bubbly on arrival, especially when it's presented with a smile! So glad to hear you enjoyed your welcome at our hotel.

Love your catchy comments about Sure Café – our Marketing team will love them too!

Thank you for your positive review and hopefully we will be welcoming you at our hotel again very soon.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We initially booked to stay at Urban St Leonard's for 5 nights and due to the comfort, cleanliness and friendly staff we booked to stay an extra 2 nights.
The room was facing the Pacific Highway but noise was minimal, walking distance to the train station is about 10-15 mins where there is also a number of cafe's, a Coles supermarket and banks on route
In the event we returned to Sydney, Urban St Leonard's would be our first choice

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Emma M,

We're so proud to be your first choice next time you visit Sydney – thank you!

Our number one priority is to make our guests as comfortable and happy as possible, so it's lovely to see you stayed an extra two nights as a result of your experience at our hotel.

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you next time.

Aalborg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here due to the location and price. Rooms are a good size although the bathroom is small it does the job.
Breakfast is reasonable from the cafe.
Staff were nice and prompt.
I stayed on the road side. It wasn't noisy really at all.

Towels were changed everyday which is a bit of a waste as I had hung it up prepared to use it again.

Mini bar is an okay price not too high.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hi Amelia S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel.

It's great to hear you tried the breakfast at Sure Cafe and had some Little Fridge treats in the peace and quiet of your room.

We hope to see you at our hotel again one day!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend for two nights and I found it really good value for money. The rooms are reasonably sized, the bathroom is a bit small but it serves the purpose. Staff are prompt and courteous. I had parking included in the price and it was available in the underground garage when I arrived. I advised staff that there was a broken bottle in the garage and they cleaned it up straight away and thanked me for telling them.

What I found very appealing is that I had slippers in the room that say SLOW DOWN and I thought this was a really good way of reminding the hotel guests to chillax.

Coffee and food are good in the hotel restaurant and even though this hotel is on the Pacific Highway, the setting is nice and nature like (mind you, you still hear the cars).

St Leondards train station is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel and so is Coles, restaurants, and coffee shops.

All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for one that is not facing the Pacific Highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Happy M,

What a lovely review!

Reading over your comments about staff, food, location, room and all the Urban perks (we love those slippers too!)… It sounds like we ticked quite a few boxes with you which is so nice for us. I'll make sure I pass your comments on to the various departments who contributed to making your stay so enjoyable.

Look forward to welcoming you again!

Amanda Cottome

Been to Hotel Urban St Leonards? Share your experiences!