“Best range of vegetarian in Sydney” 5 of 5 stars

(02) 9818 4201
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Rozelle
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Best range of vegetarian in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My first visit with a group of friends and relatives to this quaint little restaurant...but I was very impressed as soon as we entered. We were received with great warmth, felt welcomed and service throughout was attentive. Ordered mixed platter for entree...mushroom ravioli was a standout followed by pakoras, kumara spring rolls and a mix of dips. Goats cheese souffle....what can I say..the delicate taste lingers in my mouth still. Eggplant stack and its sauce was yumm, rissotto was excellent. Being a big group, I am glad we could order so many dishes, so got to taste several dishes from the menu.
Definitely a must for vegetrians, and highly recommended for meat eaters.
I pride myself in cooking fairly good variety of meals for friends....and so very choosy about eating out. But Harvest ...my hats off to you!

• Visited May 2013

Sydney
“Quirky but elegant restaurant with excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great restaurant but not in the city, it is a couple of suburbs out in a quaint neighbourhood known as Rozelle.

Great selection of vegetarian and vegan food ranging from Indian curries to Italian pasta dishes. Good serving sizes with restaurant (not cafe) quality presentation and flavours.

Small restaurant in a quiet street. Licensed or BYO.

• Visited May 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Very tasty... and I'm a meat eater!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went to the Harvest with my partner who is a vegetarian to even things up (we tend to go where I have more choice). The food was fantastic and I didn't miss not having meat! I had mushroom ravioli to start then risotto as a main. My partner had goat's cheese roulade to start and gnocchi as a main. We also had puddings; i had truffles and she had sticky date pudding. All the dishes were excellent and it was a novel experience for my partner to get to try my food! I've given the service 3 star but it was more like 3 and a half - this has nothing to do with the personnel, they were very attentive and did a great job, it relates to cutlery weirdly... the starter came with a lovely orange and basil sauce but I didn't have a spoon so couldn't get much of the sauce with the pasta and I didn't have a fork with my pudding so couldn't get much of the lovely chocolate sauce with my truffles and my partner couldn't get the cake and sauce together. I know this is trivial as I could have asked for the cutlery, but the place was so busy so it was very difficult to get the staff's attention so I gave up. I minor let down on a lovely night out though.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Great food and cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a very hard time deciding what to order as it all looked so good. And I enjoyed my meal so much, I purchased their cookbook!

Visited March 2013
“Lovely valentine's day meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner has been here half-a-dozen times in recent years and rates it very highly, so we booked to have Valentine's Day dinner here.
It was a reduced menu compared to normal, but nonetheless plenty of options. I had the feta in filo pastry, gnocci with lemon and garlic sauce, and the chocolate terrine. All three were delicious and very fresh. My partner had the aubergine stack for her main and i had a spot of food-envy as the sauce on it was sublime!
We arrived early and got seated and served promptly. After an hour or so the place was rammed and the two people serving were visibly rushed off their feet. Maybe a third person serving would have been a good idea for a busy night like valentine's?
Harvest is tucked away nicely from any main streets which is great as there is lots of free parking nearby, and it's nice and quiet there.
We'll definitely be back one day :-)

• Visited February 2013