“A very positive experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Sydney Parramatta

You added Mercure Sydney Parramatta to your Saves list
Mercure Sydney Parramatta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 Hassall Street, Rosehill, Parramatta, New South Wales 2142, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Sydney, Australia
“A very positive experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed at Mercure Parramatta on 16 July 2010. The room was clean, quiet and had a nice outlook. The location was wonderful, very convenient. All the staff were friendly and helpful, and a big thank you must go to Joshua, the Front Office Manager, who was fantastic; I have a long-term illness and he took great care of me. It would be such pleasure to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed at the Mercure Parramatta for 2 nights in June 2010 in a standard room. Everything about the hotel was as expected if not better. The room was clean and slightly bigger than the average hotel room. All staff encountered were friendly and professional, one member going above and beyond to help us out. Parking is free which is unusual for chain hotels. We had breakfast (at an extra cost) both mornings and the food was satisfying although it could have been a bit hotter. We also had dinner in M Restaurant which has a great ambiance and nice food and wine.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Dear manager of mercure hotel(rosehill),
i m a student from western sydney university. my classmates and i have to write a group assignment about your hotel's marketing strategy. we will be very happy if you can give us some information we would liketo visit your hotel tomorrow noon,thank you very much!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
ManagerParramatta, Front Office Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, May 17, 2010
Dear Sydneysasha,

Feel free to contact the Hotel directly with your request for research, as Tripdvisor is normally used as a channel to review Hotels.

Warm regards,
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I often stay here for 4 to 5 night for business. It's in a great location accross the road from a supermarket, shops and take away food stores.
The rooms are well laid out, clean and fresh. The staff are always friendly and helpful.
Free undercover car parking is available.
I think it's great value for money and Iook forward to returning to there.
There's a pool and a bar but the gym is not much to rave about.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear KennyLarkin,

Thank you for your positive comments about Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

Our Housekeeping Department take pride in there work and were very pleased to receive such a positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

Warm regards,
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

I was in Sydney for business in early February, then spent a few extra days for sightseeing and relaxation. Since I was on my own dime during these last few days, price was a big factor, and this hotel had a great deal through hotels.com ($100/night). When I arrived, they asked for a voucher that would give me this rate, but I had never received one. Fortunately, the staff accepted my receipt as a voucher and checked me in quickly and graciously.

Though I didn't spend much time in the hotel, it was perfect for my needs. It's a 60-90 train ride to the Blue Mountains and less than an hour to the beaches. I also rented a mountain bike and cycled through and around Olympic Park, which is kept in lovely condition, unlike other "white elephant" Olympic sites.

Rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. I use a CPAP to sleep, and housekeeping/reception lent me an adapter so I could plug it into the wall. They also lent me an adapter to charge my BlackBerry. I did a few loads of laundry in the basement pay machines--reception will give you change for the machines. The only (minor) disappointment was the lack of a workout room. I'm very active and managed to do a lot out of doors (many of the beaches have workout apparatus), so the lack of a fitness center was not a huge issue.

Re location: It's right near the corner of a major thoroughfare, across the street from a strip mall containing KFC, McDonald's, Subway, etc. There is also a grocery store across the street, which allowed me to stock up on healthy snacks in between fast food meals.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the Parramatta train station, which goes directly to downtown Sydney. The pier, from which you can take a ferry downtown, is about the same distance. There is a much closer train station at Rosehill, tucked between the thoroughfare and the horse racing facility, which is virtually hidden. The trains come less frequently, but you can change right onto the Parramatta line. It's not ideal to walk there with heavy luggage, as I did, though. Most of the way there are no sidewalks and it's not safe to walk in the street. There is a nifty horse bridge via which you can cross the thoroughfare, but with heavy baggage the extra steps can be excruciating.

Overall, very satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
ManagerParramatta, Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, March 1, 2010
Thank you for your post. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

As we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services; it is only through such feedback that we can truly understand our business from our guest’s perspective.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

My husband and I flew to Sydney for Top Gear 2010 and had one night at the Mercure - 13th Feb. When booking in November 2009, I requested a room at the back of the property and was told that this had been noted.
On check-in, no such note was found and Fiona (on reception) was fantastic and put us in an end room over looking the pool. I also asked about late check out and this too was given with no problem either.

Our room was spotless and had all you needed. The bed was quite comfortable and the only noise we heard was in the corridor. We couldn't hear any noise in the rooms above or below. The air conditioner was a little noisy during the night, but it was needed as it was a warm weekend. We slept until 9:30ish and this never happens at home!

We missed buffet breakfast and didn't try the restaurant or room service, but wouldn't hesitate to next time. I was also speaking to one of the housekeepers the next morning and she was so friendly.
The two staff we dealt with were lovely and a compliment to the establishment. We would definitely be back again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post, it’s great to receive positive feedback.

We take pride in the quality and cleanliness of our rooms and continue to ensure such standards are maintained.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

queensland, australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I would recommend this hotel. The rooms are furnished well and the staff are most welcoming. The M restaurant in the hotel is excellent, albeit dinks are a little expensive. The food was excellent for evening dining. The buffet breakfast is spoiled by their attempt at scrambled eggs which were awful. There were no other egg dishes on the buffet so after 2 days we stuck to room service where the options were better but more expensive,

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagerParramatta, Front Office Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this review, January 28, 2010
Thank you for your post and It was a pleasure to receive your feedback.

We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services; it is only through such feedback that we can truly understand our business from our guest’s perspective.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at Mercure Sydney Parramatta.

Front Office Manager

Been to Mercure Sydney Parramatta? Share your experiences!